GForce Software OB-E - Oberheim 8-Voice clone

Discussion in 'Software News' started by aymat, Feb 23, 2021.

1. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

A serious question here. Of all the members saying a great emulation or best emulation of Oberheim, how many have the Oberheims to compare this vst to the hardware?

2. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

I owned 2 Matrix 1000's for over a decade so I'm pretty familiar with the Oberheim sound. I'm not a fervent purist with emulations but the best emulation up to this point for me was the OP-X plugin which I bought when it was first released purely because I was so impressed with the sound. In a mix you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference and it was close enough to where I sold my two M1Ks.

Really wish there was a Windows version to compare OP-X to the OB-E for overall character but to my ears from the demos, I think they nailed the Oberheim sound.

3. m.sarti

m.sarti Producer

Thanks for the info. I love GForce's instruments. I use its M-Tron Pro too much. I also use the three or four Oberheim emulations (Arturia's SEMs and others) too much, so I'll be using GForce's Oberheim too much.

Someone should teach the audio pros at GForce about "ducking" voiceover in videos with soundtrack music. I can't understand half of what the soft-spoken guy this promo clip is saying.

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I am familiar with Oberheim, too. Still own every Kb Oberheim made with the exception of the OB Xa. I also have a couple of Xpanders but never owned a SEM. That is why I asked. One thing is saying that a plugin sounds good, as this one certainly does, and a different thing is saying that a plugin nails it. I, personally, reserve the latter for side by side comparisons. At the end of the day what matters is whether it sounds good, I always say that whoever wants the same sound as he original better get the original.

5. spncart

spncart Producer

The GUI sucks a bit, hope they will improve it in the next updates. Running not 100% smoothly with M1 and Big Sur. Screen resize is hidden.

6. spncart

spncart Producer

Of course it's not even close to original, but at least better than Arturia shit. Let's hope than in a few years... good products from Gforce, I'm gonna look into the others.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

And how many of those who have the original hardware also have the hearing to compare?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List