Getting Back on my feet.

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by MrLyannMusic, Aug 31, 2018.

1. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Hi, it has been a while since i have been active,

it has been a dark few months...

now i'm trying to get back into the game, so here's something i made, and i'd love your input about it,

https://clyp.it/safixqak?token=2deeb839218dc8536024d3e7096222dc

Something to mention, the drums part will contain some Electric guitars...

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Nice one... I like the central idea...

My only suggestion would be to scatter many smallish bits here and there all over the piece so we get some movement and variety.

Good one! :like:

4. Matt777

Matt777 Rock Star

You've created something and posted it, and that is a BIG step! ..that many are unable to accomplish and sink back into darkness. Keep composing, playing, producing and posting. Music is a healer! :wink: :yes: :thumbsup:

If you want some thoughts about the piece..

It is a nice theme so it would benefit of some further finessing - some slow dynamics on violin* cello, gradual tempo changes. Staccato phrases after the choir chunks seem a little off. I'd make them all the same except maybe the last one. Can also happen because of the slow attack - characteristic of strings. Always push them a little before the beat. Might also try slowing the drums "half-time", making a more heavy (cinematic?;) feel at the end.
    *sorry, too early in the morning ;)
    Just my subjective view. The important thing for you is to keep it up! :like:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  5. Welcome back into the new light of day!

Compositionaly, on the cello triplet that anchors the piece I would expect it to additionally begin to explore a melody as well as weave a story together with the bass, discarding the staccato and opting for susstained notes, swapping out with the violin at times to impart more a feeling of movement.

Tonality speaking, all is golden.

6. rah

rah Ultrasonic

I like it as a rough draft. The drums I think are too fast maybe half the current speed. Maybe add occasional kettle drums

made me think of Sherlock Holmes( the opening credits on the original tv series with Jeremy brett) meets 21st century omen ( the choir). maybe adds some reverb on the violin ( with a very quiet cello supporting it) .

I get it, that it hard to come back after some "dark and challenging " times.

if you feel comfortable with it, work on it as a collaboration with some one or ask them to do a variation on what you have written( and of course you should retain it as your own work) just to see what other see in it.

I did this with one of the "artist" ( not sure what we call ourselves) on reddit flstudio and came up with some great variations that allowed him to come back on his project that had been languishing for quite some times.

I'll provide a link if anyone is interested.

other than that a good effort and welcome back from the dark side !

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

I'd add another instrument to the Cello as soon as the drums start. Let it play the same line in unison, maybe a slightly distorted guitar or whatever makes it best "go forward" :)
    (I guess that's your plan anyway ;) )

8. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

I thought I knew where it was going from the start and then you went and disconbobulated me...

Sorry for being sesquipedalian but you started it with yer discombobulation.

I liked it moosh, I thought it was interesting :wink: