GestureSpark - Build your own multitouch control surfaces

Discussion in 'Software News' started by digitaldragon, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

What ? I don't have an ipad but it says on their appstore page that it runs on higher IOS than v 8.

Anyway touchOSC might allow you to do the same. Not sure for that one...

Edit, here :

And yeah I see in the lemur forums that developpement seems to be on hold. Didn't even try to update lately and no issue here on android, but for catalina until the dev updates it, well....

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  2. albert001

albert001 Producer

If they update it, with a big "?"!

People say'd in the forums(Official And Unofficial), that they can't even make an account, to download the user templates from the line homepage.

If you go with the iPad of things, then invest your money in something newer, that get updates and where you can talk with the devs etc.

I like Mididesigner(Just Midi, But Full Spec Midi With Sysx(Hardware) And More), it's a bit pricey, but still in development!

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

And the dev doesn't give any news apparently. Man, a lot of people have that sucker in the heart of their workflow, this is ridiculous and outrageous.

4. albert001

albert001 Producer

Yeah man, I feel the same!
    They don't even have the same issue, as other iPad remote apps, that get kill'd by the time iTunes don't work anymore(On Win At Least)...!

And the pinnacle of it is, that you can still purchase that abandonware of an app, what a pig!!!!?

5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah I mean. That's why I didn't even think for a second it was dead.
    No announcement on the front page, still possible to buy it. Unbelievable. A fracking disgrace.
    Can't believe I actually recommended this piece of crap.

6. albert001

albert001 Producer

I almost have forgotten to say, there is a new kid in town, for quite some time now:

Open-stage control:
    https://openstagecontrol.ammd.net/

It's completely open source, and it can run on your favorite browser(Any Device:Mobile, Laptop, Desktop), or from the server's GUI.

You can also Test it directly, from this link in your browser:
    http://openstagecontrol.herokuapp.com/>Klick on new

Edit:It seems like there is just one color, but don't fool your self, from what I understand, they use java, and java has its own color definition!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. albert001

albert001 Producer

No shame man, it was the real deal back then..., first choice for every one, who wanted a good pro audio remote solution!

8. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Thanks for that, I'm gonna test it, I need a new solution now. Can't rely on an abandonware, no matter how much I'm used to it. No way.

Everyone was raving about that one indeed. Which is why I'm shocked, I really wonder wtf happened.

9. albert001

albert001 Producer

@Talmi:
    Thanks for that, I'm gonna test it, I need a new solution now. Can't rely on an abandonware, no matter how much I'm used to it. No way.

No biggie, It's a very deep app, but I hope you get some use out of it.

@Talmi:
    Everyone was raving about that one indeed. Which is why I'm shocked, I really wonder wtf happened.

I am a little tired of tinkering with those apps, I have my big touchscreens now for quite some time, and I love them.
    It makes my workflow almost flawless, everything is directly on screen, you just have to touch it.
    And many plugins nowadays are multi touch capable, intended or unintended from the DEV's, my guess is that they use the juce IDE or the libraries from Visual Studio 2017.
    Even if those plugins don't have multi touch, you can still control them and the automation is very smooth and accurate!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  10. albert001

albert001 Producer

Here is a bitwig studio Template, if you interested:
    https://github.com/kdejaeger/open-stage-control-bitwig

It is a little older, but you can at least see how it performs.

I saw that O-S Control made a big jump, in capabilities to design templates like, CSS, script widgets(Container That Can Expand And Collapse), custom modules and newer Java Functionality, get included every couple of months!:wink:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  11. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Nice man, thank you !

12. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I'm testing it. It's very nice ! It works pretty well despite the fact that it's a bit outdated. Gonna check how to tweak it, should be fun.

13. Ender1989

Ender1989 Newbie

I will look into open stage, thanks for the tips guys!

14. albert001

albert001 Producer

Hi guys and girls, I hope you have a nice weekend.
    Just a little heads up on chameleon:
    Chameleon will have OSC, development is starting right now, and the first update with OSC, will come this month(January 2020)!
    So if you want to be part of it, just go for it, its still 10 bugs right now(Maybe This Is the last Time, That you Get This app For That Kind Of Money)!
    As I stated before, this app has some unique features, and at this price and the upcoming updates..., it's a no-brainer!!!

Upcoming Versions:
    https://hi.computer/forum-community...ty/announcements-releases/chameleon-releases/

15. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Really cool. I bought it when I found about it a few days ago, good move.
    But now I have to get a windows 10 tablet. :crazy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. albert001

albert001 Producer

You don't have to necessarily, and if you consider one, then go for a laptop with touchscreen.
    The CPUs are usually better for what we do as musicians.
    But look out for the right hing mechanic if you consider a 2in1 laptop.

At least now, you have a new reason for "GAS", I guess!?:winker:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  17. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

I love my Elite X2. I went with the 8 Gb one. I decided on this one because the entry price is relatively inexpensive, and the M.2 SSD is upgradable. Also, the battery can be replaced. It was able to run an instance of Gold 3, lol. I wouldn't be producing on this, though, just simple composition whilst on the go.

Oh, btw. I found out Sonar has a keyboard built in. Doesn't seem to work with multitouch, so still need to check out other solutions, but it works in a pinch. I also am trying out IsoPad, but it doesn't appear to have a regular keyboard layout. Still it may be useful for simple things, and the price is right (free).

I am very interested to look at the control surfaces such a Chameleon.

18. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah I need something touch compatible anyway for Modula from Acustica, Chameleon or other OSC controler and for Bitwig which keyboards and interface is touch compatible. Might take a laptop or a tablet and also a touch screen. Wouldn't be against a mobile setup anyway so might go for a pricey laptop.
    The touch screen would be to use Modula until server mode and bitwig in dual screen mode with a part on my regular screen and the touchy practical features such as keyboards and modulators on the touch screen. The controler would be on the laptop for controlling the mixer, etc. Later it will host modula when the server mode works and N4 since it's supposed to be implemented at the same time.
    Good thing the post xmas sales are on.

19. David Jameson

David Jameson Newbie

On their Facebook page, the Lemur developers provide a location from where you can download the latest editor and it's dated Jan 3rd, 2020--- it seems like support might be coming back. Here's the link to get it

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1z4u16qjw9SSNZWZi7GBuw-ubLOepBZVp

20. Ender1989

Ender1989 Newbie

Does Chameleon look like the best out of the bunch going forward?