George duke high pitched synth funky sound (Get Down Tonight)

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by anthony doyle, Apr 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. anthony doyle

anthony doyle Kapellmeister

Hi does anyone know what vst and preset I can use to get this sound by George Duke ?, it sounds like a guitar pitched up an octave. The same sort of sound used on the intro to get down tonight by kc and the sunshine band. Sound is at 6.12 second. For Kc and the sunshine band , it actually was a much slower guitar part sped up to achieve the effect but I didn't know you could do it with a synth perfectly til I saw this performance.

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Don't know any preset but you can dial up a typical clavinet sound in the synth of your choice (square wave with low pulse width and some EQ).

4. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Try an electric guitar and pitch shift and formant, and some lowpass filter after it.

Or electric guitar-ish preset with pitch-bend and vibrato. FM? I guess there are many ways. Easiest would probably be pitchbend modulation. Or you can assign mod-wheel to vibrato (sine LFO on pitch) amount. Or a combination of both of these.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. anthony doyle

Awesome advice, thanks, really love that video, I hadn't seen that type of joystick before.

6. anthony doyle

anyone else got anything on this ? any sound packs or anything ?