Gene Simmons... shut-up!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by thantrax, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Gene Simmons has weighed in on the recent deaths of musicians Prince and David Bowie in a new interview with Newsweek. According to the 66-year-old Kiss frontman, Prince’s death was “pathetic.” “Bowie was the most tragic of all because it was real sickness,” Simmons said. “All the other ones were a choice.”

Prince died on April 21 at the age of 57 in his Chanhassen, Minnesota estate. The cause of his death has yet to be determined, and is being investigated as a possible drug overdose, a law enforcment official told The Associated Press.

“I think Prince was heads, hands and feet above all the rest of them,” Simmons continued. “I thought he left [Michael] Jackson in the dust. Prince was way beyond that. But how pathetic that he killed himself. Don’t kid yourself, that’s what he did. Slowly, I’ll grant you… but that’s what drugs and alcohol is: a slow death.”

Simmons also said he has “never been high or drunk” in his life and questioned the “insane gene” in people that makes them succumb to “the cliché of the clichés: drugs and alcohol.”

Paul Stanley, Kiss’s co-lead singer, apologized Tuesday for Simmons’s comments, calling them “embarrassing,” “cold,” and “clueless.”

P.S.
    No comment :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Willum

Willum Rock Star

And, sadly, quite true, he missed saying that bit.

4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

As weird as this guy and his statement is,its his right to express his views.
    It has become so typical to attack anyone that has different views from the liberal media.
    Do i agree with him?No.
    Should we club him do death?No.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  5. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

It's dangerous being a successful musician/actor etc. You have a lot of money and a lot of free time, and sometimes you pick up bad habits along the way that are difficult to shake. You also have to deal with incredible highs followed by inevitable lows.

Regarding Prince I read that he wrecked his hips and his knees jumping around on stage in high heels, hence the need for pain killers. Also wasn't Bowie a heavy chain smoker?

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

I agree that its his right to express his views, but at the very least have some class doing so. It's rather callous and insensitive to say something like that about a person and the nature of his death... of which he knows nothing about. There are plenty of people in this world who suffer from substance abuse and to use the word "pathetic" to describe them is quite impassive. "Walk a mile in someone's shoes before you criticize them" are words to live by.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

He's already apologized for his "big mouth", as he put it. I agreed with his RNRHOF comments, but this time he's gone a bit too far. It really depends on a situation, but I think, if man is able to realize and admit his wrongdoings and apologize for them, then it means he's learned something and hopefully got better as a human being. Those who were offended might want to consider forgiving him. But then again, it depends.

Personally, I've learned in this life that if you let grudge to consume you for too long, you get swallowed whole. If you continue to slowly kill yourself because someone said or did something wrong to you, then you only make things worse for yourself, because no one else cares. I've learned that people are not worth the sacrifice you suffer for them. It always makes me wonder why Jesus did, well, if the Bible story is true.

8. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Gene is known for his bluntness. While he may be correct, he could have shown a little more compassion.

Prince never did rotten things to people that I know of.. and actually helped quite a few, was generous , and civic minded
    in his community ( well maybe he smacked sinead o'connor around a bit ... who wouldn't ? kidding )

Artists at this level are indeed surrounded by "yes" people who will enable virtually every whim and want of a star like Prince,
    Michael Jackson, whatever.

However it happened, it is just sad that overuse of drugs has taken away yet another stellar talent as Prince Rogers Nelson
    all too soon.

I think it suffices that Gene's long time colleague called him out on the callousness.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

I think Steven Tyler had something meaningful to say about Prince's death. "Doctors are the new pushers. All of America isn't strung out on street drugs, they're strung out on prescribed drugs" Perhaps, Gene Simmons should talk about that more. Wrong doses, wrong combination of drugs, didn't the last one cause Heath Ledger's death too?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

if he died of a drug overdose ,he s right,it s a pathetic death,how would u call it?so u shut up

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

Oh, how absolutely sweet of you, duskwings! But remember, karma is a bitch, she is. If so it happens and you die some miserable death, not a big deal, many people do, please remember Gene Simmons while you'll be taking your last breath.

12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

holy befriggin jayzuz.. ummm ..welcome back dusky... :wow:

13. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

There's 2 things you may want to consider even if Big Tongue's bluntness seems inappropriate for today's world.

1) In the US, for now, the ability to say anything, especially that which is considered unpopular, is protected speech, given 3 SCOTUS rulings over the decades. A little, unknown clause of the US Constitutions Bill of Rights my present government, repub, dem, and independent in power seem to want to completely eliminate.

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    --George Orwell, himself part of the elite and witness to the dark side of "democracy."

In fact, polite speech needs no protection. All that is being tried, by starting to introduce hate speech and "microaggression" is the fascist left's try at silencing debate, because they can't win on facts, and turn the world back to the dark ages, where only the church dictated behavior, now replaced by the state, NWO or UN. None of which I find even neutral, let alone beneficial.

Hillary Clinton herself, trained by Saul Alinsky, was the creator of the shout down, ad hominem attack, etc., written down for fellow communist revolutionaries in "Rules for Radicals." Read it sometime...fk, make it an audiobook with a computer spoken rendition!

The only purpose of this exercise of shouting down anyone, is to accumulate more power to your government, not to defend or empower you. Be careful. Do you really want to live in Germany where some ding a ling made a joke about the Sultan of Turkey and go to jail? Is that the world you want to live in? The PoS Chancellor is from East Germany prior to reunification, so is all for the increase in her govt's power. Are you?

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence,—it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

---------------------------------------------------

2) As a EMT and Paramedic working for a decade in NYC in FDNY EMS, I've seen what drugs do, what hospitals do, what doctors do and what patients do.

Guess what? Heroin use has spiked, not just from the US military's protection of Afghanistan's poppy fields (>90% of supply worldwide), but the former patients getting denied their scripts for Oxycontin, and/or find it's cheaper to use heroin, looks like the major factor. So doctors at first hand out opiates like candy, and specific ones like oxy that were designed for maximum addiction, then cut off their patients, are a big cause of the problem. As I reflect now, I think the general distribution of such a dangerous drug was know and understood by the medical establishment, and were willing accomplices to the country's morbidity and death.

Iatrogenic causes of death and injury in the US are number 1 and 2 causes of death, though they are excluded when the AMA makes top ten lists. #1 cause of death in the US is doctors' whoopsies with interventions, including surgeries and "proper use of medications and medical devices." #2 cause of death in the US is doctors and nurses' prescription mistakes and delivers of those mistakes to their patients.

So, Prince's using fentanyl patches and Dilaudin oral to tweak his dose, was probably caused by some injury being treated by an MD giving him a highly addictive form of opiate, and not the less addictive pain meds. So maybe even when the "best" among us go down because our Medical Establishment only makes money when we're sick, may help ppl realize medical treatment except for acute care, is more dangerous than beneficial, given my experience and knowledge. I've seen shitte I can not unsee, maybe sometime here I'll tell you about them.

It took me 3 months to not be in pain from 3 weeks on a cough med (half dose at that!) that had oxy, changed from the last script that had codeine. The only difference between me and Prince may be my white man rage or advanced age sparing me from the xenoestrogens destroying the young men's testosterone levels (they are less than 25% of men in the early 1900s, so you are a female dog, man). I just didn't care, I would fight this or die, I'm wasn't gonna take anymore of that to "feel better." I thought it would never get better, then one day I wasn't it pain and it felt great! Not being in pain felt as good as being successfully intimate with a woman I was attracted to, except the feeling stayed for days!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

duskwings

First, learn to speak and write, you moron. You're probably under some alcohol or drug influence, your hands seem shaky. When you get sober, you may come back to have a conversation. Until then, just remember what I've told you.

[​IMG]

15. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

you, like Gene Simmons, have a right to your viewpoint & the expression of it.

the problem in your statement is the word "probably".

while i do agree that Simmons has the right to his points of view, to base that point of view on speculation kills his argument.

just like the word "probably" kills yours.

no one knows how prince died....yet.

so to label his death as 'pathetic' is reaching at the moment. at best.

what if he didn't die of a drug overdose? would it still be 'pathetic'?

personally, i feel like he was killed. this whole situation is structured extremely similar to Michael Jackson's death & the circus/speculation surrounding it. am i right? i don't know, but how many times can one see a zebra & not know it's a zebra after awhile?

these scenarios happen quite a bit with famous people.

16. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

Everyone has the right to speak, we also have the right to ignore idiocracy.

--->You have to remember the doc that was involved in the few days prior to his death. WTF did he do that planted his patient?
    Minnesota doctor who treated Prince day before musician died and was at Paisley Park mansion the morning body was found has been identified

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-prince-day-died-identified-article-1.2632248

@coolbeans Maybe they both were off'd given committing suicide has been overplayed recently with famous hits from the DC madam to Robin Williams with docs instead. It's good to vary the MO, no?

17. duskwings

if u people had learned to read in the first years of your useless lives,u would have read that in the first comment i said "IF",but i don t expect that u people can read beyond what u need to reply with your crap

18. duskwings

so how bad kharma must have been to make prince die in an elevator?

19. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

How can we verify the circumstance surrounding his death except by relying on sources we know always lie to us @dustwings? This whole debate is framed by news readers who get paid big money to lie to us successfully, cause telling the truth to us is cheaply done.

You guys should consider investigating NLP and books like Bernays "Propaganda," to see the milieu we live in...

Bernays, to prove the power of his method, got women to smoke based on the hypothesis of penis envy. Whatever the motivation, women did smoke in large numbers. That's the power of Edward Bernays. He laughed at them, not next to them or with them. They were his to rule over, as they thought they were empowered. Amazing really.

I've also noticed, when things like simulated torture or murder or sex in TV/Movies or Videogames, the "liberals" say change the channel if you don't like it or don't play that game, but if they find something offensive, they try to censor, ban, universally defame, cut off chicken's heads on full moons and dance?

Why is that? Why can progressives shout down a speaker disallowing his free speech saying it's their right to do so, because of free speech, and not see how that's self contradictory?

They do see they are the brown shirts of days past, right?

20. duskwings

did he die in an elevator?yes
    is that pathetic? yes
    did he die in the elevator because of substance abuse?we don t know
    if he had died in the elevator because of substance abuse ,would his death be pathetic?yes
    would it be more pathetic?yes
    would it have been avoidable?yes
    are avoidable deaths pathetic?yes
    so was his death pathetic independentlly of the fact that it was caused by substance abuse?yes
    his death was pathetic

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  21. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    Nah,he just needed to make some noise and shed some lights on him i think. Publicity comeback trick.He recently made some other "rumbling" statements too.This all leads me to this conclusion .

• List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.