Gene Simmons: Hip Hop Doesn't Belong in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by NYCGRIFF, Apr 11, 2016.

?

Does Hip Hop Music Belong In The "Rock and Roll" Hall of Fame?

1. Agree

35.3%
  2. Disagree

38.8%
  3. Don't Give A Damn

25.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCGRIFF

NYCGRIFF Audiosexual

Here's a crazy thought that I have had running amok in my dreams/nightmares for about a decade. I would love to collaborate with other musicians and create the most insanely divergent song consisting of every 'modern' (50 or 60 year time span) music genre out there. The "glue"? Drums. Rhythm-driven drums is the veritable "heartbeat" that links generations of music. I will bet a dollar to a doughnut, that with the right personnel, something musically earth-shattering would come of it. A Herculean challenge? For sure. As I have previously mentioned, my mind for music creativity is always open. By the way, not for the faint of heart, or those with preconceived notions. Just a thought...

2. orgcha

orgcha Ultrasonic

Sure, why not? Right after they put Polka music in the ROCK & ROLL Hall of Fame.
    Seriously? I know Simmons is an asshat but he does have a point on this one...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Soul1975

Soul1975 Platinum Record

Again,it's not just music,it's a culture.
    There are elements to Hip Hop and they have had a bigger impact than any other genre ever.

Maybe do some research and learn how and why it started.
    Or better yet,where all music started.
    There are only 2 groups in music,the innovators and the imitators.

4. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

The irony of such topic : 70 years ago or 50 years ago there were already such topics wondering if jazz or later rock were deverving of being called...music. And then 40 years ago it was about disco, later punk, and hip hop, and techno. There will always be sour people to state that what obviously IS music (as opposed to noise, something that has pitch, rhythm, etc) isn't in fact music simply because they don't like it. It's always sad to read, specialy here on Audio Sex where all genres are welcomed and usually respected.
    On the matter itself, I'm from hip hop and I don't know anyone in my genre who wants, dreams or asks to be introduce in the Rock n Roll hall of fame. They can stay between Simmons, I couldn't care less.
    And by the way hip hop was born the same year as me and star wars : 1977. It didn't wait for NWA, check your record collections and stop informing yourself through movies and bad biopic.
    First "hit" : 1979 :

Peace !

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

I don't forsee this thread heading in a healthy state, do you??

What's with the Troll fever lately?

Don't feed the trolls, report them!! If you see a trend with a member trolling please don't hesitate to let me know, let's get these wild members, "Home Members" or Go Home banned Members - Either way works for me.

Although I'll hate to see anyone go. It is, what it's is.

For the community sakes I'm locking the thread.

4 Peace & Love

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List