Gated reverse reverb

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by rhythmatist, Nov 5, 2013.

1. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

In the late '80s, I had an Alesis Microverb. The 1st version, if I recall. (it got drunk and went missing) Here it is. http://www.dancetech.com/item.cfm?threadid=77 It had a reverse gated verb setting that I used in the studio, recording a song back then. I am planning to regurgitate that song. The pre-set natually set a tempo for a conga part I recorded, and then used that as a "click track" that everything else played along to. I was wondering if anybody knows of a similar plug in. Do I know how to do it the hard way? yes, probably several ways I could get a similar sound, but I am lazy and I really have never gotten it quite the same. Is there anything like that that in Waves, or some of the other collection I may have access to here and there?-Thanks, Danka, Gracias, etc.

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

overloud Breverb2 got a reverse mode, CSR inverse Module by IK Multimedia - dont know if they have a gate option also. but maybe give them a try.

4. drakem20

drakem20 Member

Look for SPX990 Impulses. The "Conga Room" and " Wood Room" are sounding like a gated verb. Its indeed a very short room with slow attack and lots of ER, cut short decay.

5. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Man, that sent me straight down memory lane. I also had one of those back in the day. No memory of what happened to it, a bunch of nice hardware gone lost in the river of timeā€¦

6. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

i Was thinking of a reverb which has a reverse preset and can control the wet/dry mix (like breverb2), and running that through a gater like SPC GaterPro or Cableguys Waveshaper