Garritan vs Best Service for Ethno/Word Needs or...?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by xsze, Jun 12, 2015.

1. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

i just give u an example of the useless stuff i was talking about:i had an ukranian gf,and ethno world has an ukranian choir sample library,so i asked the gf to translate the what the choir said...well,i don t remember what it said,but trust me,u don t want to use in a project a choir that says bullshit

2. xsze

xsze Guest

I could imagine :rofl:

I'm into just instruments from Ethno World tho, but yeah *yes*

3. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Actually, they changed CC (Composer Cloud) and now you can subscribe for just one month but at an increased price (God, the greed... Paid demo. :snuffy: ). I guess $40 is a bit much if you just want to test one instrument and if you don't plan on spending a serious sum. Then again, it's probably better than paying for the full library and not use it. (Or use for one month and export stems)

4. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

40 dollars deffo a bit much to demo *yes*

Never tried a Breath Controller *no* Are they any good? Can you achieve realistic results for say a flute or sax etc

Is there a lag etc & what are the bad points (Sorry if it a topic change)

5. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

It seems to be worth it.

The TEControl thingy is around 100. I think it's fairly cheap for the usage it's going to get.

http://tecontrol.se/products

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m5xHxx3nJI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm-U44kNtmI

6. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Wow! Torley gets some well cool sounds out of that.

Saw another vid the other day of him demonstrating like this expression slider that looked cool.

Sample modelling getting better & better but this will be useful for loads of libraries i can imagine.

Think I will invest *yes*

I imagine it will open up a lot of different options expression wise etc.

I remember watching a vid of a bloke playing like a proper full blown virtual clarinet or something thru an old Digitech harmonizer. Sounded awesome!

Would also offer some great script options etc Deffo worth it I reckon

Thanks Gramofon for the info :bow:

7. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

About the breath controller
    It Earthquakes and cheap
    TEC its just 100usd
    Some libs sound really great and others are just a deception...
    No way record without, also good for others CCs and syths :dancing:

8. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

When i tested almost all world banks to choose just ONE, it was BS Ethno without contest (as base/single one).
    Sound takes (samples) are better than most. No chair noise, low mid freq bump and such amateur sounding things.
    Diversity : you get an amazing base.
    Loops : there are some tempo sync loops and multi kits giving you all you need for fast base. And you add soli over that.
    I could tell more arguments, like voices too :wink:

It is the best compromise between price/diversity/loops AND individual instruments i've come across.

On the other side, if you go Garritan, a trick working on almost all their banks is using a subtle touch of BBE maximizer to lush high and tighten bottom.
    Frankly, it sounds like banks costing twice/three time the price :wink:

9. xsze

xsze Guest

Awesome, yeah, BS is the one to have I see, luckily it's among cheaper ones (instruments only) and have instant gratification kind of deal as it seems :dancing: