Garritan vs Best Service for Ethno/Word Needs or...?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by xsze, Jun 12, 2015.

1. xsze

xsze Guest

So as title suggest, Garritan is no brainier at that price, especially on some good discount, but I'm curious what Best Service Ethno World offers beyond it?

I went trough specs/content, Best Service does offers more, but again, nothing that makes massive difference to me, but overall difference in quality, is Best Service worth shelling out more?

I'm basically sucker for wind stuff, especially duduk and flutes, but would like to be covered for vast variety of stuff in one place, that's why I felt the need to go beyond freebies and separate offerings.

Is there something more I missed or anything?

Libraries that need full Kontakt are out of the question tho *yes*

Thanks in advance :mates:

3. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Garritan sounds midish, Best Service is more realistic compared to Garritan library. *yes*

4. xsze

xsze Guest

Basically it's wroth every penny over it?

Thanks DiM :mates:

5. patpat

patpat Noisemaker

I think that there's a huge difference between both products: Best Service Ethno World is far better, more realistic, far more "customisable" (tune, tempo, fx)... It's a real pro offer!

If you want to get free collections, there are a lot on Oon3's website... even if they are old now (K2 releases), they sound pretty good= Africa, China, India (melodic samples, adlibs, licks)... there are really astonishing good releases but they can't be re-tuned or tempo synch... Try them before you buy anything else! :bow:

6. xsze

xsze Guest

Another vote for BS (lol) :thumbsup:

Will check Oon3 out, hope full Kontakt isn't requirement, thanks for suggestion, feel I'm covered with that already (DSK stuff and etc), I'm much more into European and Middle Eastern stuff tho :thumbsup:

7. Diabulus in Musica

I don't know, it depends by your needs. If your track is for public listening probably you need something "real" so go fof Best Service, if your track is just a preview maybe Garritan is what you're looking for...:dunno:

8. xsze

xsze Guest

Basically it would be mainly for documentaries/movies/clips and such, basically real world recordings and sampled ethno instruments, dialog on top of it, that's it, as organic as possible *yes*

9. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

i like ethno world but a lot of stuff they put in there is useless,but the quality is superior to garritan.Consider however that these libraries are not so new,so ponder well what kind of sounds u need,if i neeeded an ehru i wouldn t uses ethnoworld anymore

10. Disfunktion

Disfunktion Ultrasonic

If you're after the most organic sound, i'd definitely go for Best Service Ethno World...... great library of samples *yes*

11. xsze

xsze Guest

Basically cherry picking stuff you really need? :mates:

Awesome, it seems BSEW is definitely winner in this battle :mates:

12. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Try this it's the cheapest way to get wind.​

[​IMG]

:rofl:

13. xsze

xsze Guest

Hahahahahahahhaa :rofl:

14. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Ethno World is the most bang for the buck but old Ra is good to!

A short list for duduks nki that I still keep (with phrases)

Project Sam Symphobia
    Cinesamples Cinewinds pro
    EWQL Middle East and India
    Dirk Campbell's World Winds
    Dirk Campbell`s Origins
    Ilya ifimov Armenian Duduk
    Vir2 Q

15. Diabulus in Musica

Xsze...have you looked at Desert Winds, Era II or Epic World by Eduardo Tarillonte?

16. xsze

xsze Guest

Awesome, just checked Ra, there's nice discount on it, does it worth it over Ethno World?

Thanks for duduk list, hope I will not need them/Kontakt, really do (in other words, hope that one of those libraries will satisfy my duduk needs, but yeah, heard some of them, they are amazing) :sad: :mates:

17. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

A breath controller helps a lot natural expression (I have a TEC and I love it)
    The problem with Play engine is that they have no demo to test... but seams that they enhance it (I did not know the real size of kontakt version because I always chop)
    Play versions probably will not appear soon so..
    Engine is not stable like kontakt How about Engine's Deset Winds, they are really different.
    About the loops: the are many articulations (that are the soul of the instrument) that are impossible to play with a sampler, and with Melodine the sky is the limit :wink:
    Also not all my list have loops, they have instruments too.
    see

18. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

The old Best Service Desert Winds, Epic Winds by Eduardo Tarilonte libraries are great but ruined by the Best Service Engine Player. Probably why he switched to Kontakt & Glad he did. Shame as they are amazing libraries.

Ilya Efimov do a nice Duduk but it requires Full Kontakt.

Ethno World will offer good diversity & Kontakt Player library.

The East West RA & Silk way above the rest but need ILoK. East West do so fantastic discounts/especially EDU Complete bundle & the Play Engine getting much better.

Garritan stuff is OK but still developing imho. I can see it getting better & better tho. Will be exciting in a few years as they aquired all the old GIGA stuff so interesting to see if they do anything with that sort of stuff.

All depends on budget I guess like everything. Best of luck finding that sound :wink:

19. xsze

xsze Guest

Ra is iLok-ed, that's no go for me *no*

That kinda settles it :thumbsup:

Thanks you for suggestions and wishes :mates:

20. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Same 4 me otherwise I would have bought their composers bundle ages ago as they do great discounts but iLok a *no* for me also

21. xsze

xsze Guest

Yeah, I find them kinda too specific for the buck I guess, want one library to rule them all kinda thing, yeah, I know it's impossible, but closest thing to that :thumbsup: