Garritan Announces 33% Off Abbey Road Studios CFX Concert Grand

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Nov 21, 2014.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

For a limited time the Abbey Road Studios CFX Concert Grand from producers of award winning, high quality and innovative software, Garritan is available for 33% Off.

Recorded in Abbey Road Studio One by award-winning engineers using the world´s finest microphones and equipment, the nine foot Yamaha CFX Concert Grand is one of the newest pianos at Abbey Road Studios and is characterized by a wide palette of tonal colors and the ability to create the most subtle expressive nuances.

This is the only virtual instrument featuring the Yamaha CFX grand piano and the only virtual piano recorded in Abbey Road Studio One.

The critics said..

"...it sounds absolutely beautiful, with exquisite tonal detail, powerful lows, glassy highs and a level of expressiveness that has to be felt to be believed." - Computer Music (Rating: 9/10)

"The presets are breathtaking and this is one of the most stunning virtual pianos I have ever heard. The use of many velocity layers really pays dividends and results in an instrument that is incredibly expressive, nuanced and capable of being alternately fragile or thundering and cinematic." - Ask Audio mag

"...one of the finest virtual pianos available – simply beautiful." - Music Tech (Rating 9/10)

[​IMG]

Buy today for just $199.95 – a savings of $100! (Regular price of $299.95)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeIK3xPN8vA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kygITm8BB4Y

Go HERE for more information.

3. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

As much as I like the sound (Abbey road, enough said) it would still be a waste of money for people who need advanced pedalling. :dunno:

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Waist of money - period!

Since Garritan took over Tascam Giga stuff it has been a complete ruin!

5. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

i would not say waste of money , it sounds really good !

but anyway it comes with own ARIA Player especially coded for the cfx piano !

and also just a side note it isn´t really garritan anymore as its aquired by MakeMusic , and i havent seen any credits on the production to garritan !

6. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

I must agree with Phloopy, for the price i think there are far better alternatives.

When Garritan purchased the rights to the Giga material etc I was really excited to see what they were going to do with it. In my mind they haven't done anything substantial for years. To be fair I haven't used the Aria player for a while but was not impressed at all when I did. Was way substandard in my humble opinion. Needs some major improvents in my mind.

However if this is specially coded as Tin Tin says I won't predjuge but from past experience I won't expect to much either.

It seems quite expensive also. However it could be good. A usable demo might be good if they were to make one available?