FxPansions releases Strobe 2

Discussion in 'Software News' started by ArticStorm, Sep 14, 2015.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Strobe2: A modern classic, reimagined.

Strobe2 is a software polysynth which puts diverse new sounds effortlessly within your reach. It builds on the original's realistic analogue modelling and deep but intuitive synthesis with a slew of enhancements and requested features. Highlights include a stunning effects section, revamped arpeggiator, deeper modulation processing, preset-morphing, randomizing and a scalable vector interface for retina and 4K displays.

Of course, Strobe2 retains the cult-classic original's signature character - a 'super-oscillator' with stacking, detuning and sync, a warm saturating VCA, the acclaimed TransMod modulation system and a powerful multimode filter with 22 responses for massive tonal variety.

Strobe2 comes with over 900 presets to get you started but its programming simplicity makes creating new sounds and learning about synthesis addictive and exciting. Capable of everything from raw vintage tones to futuristic sound design, Strobe2 is perfect for all kinds of music from classic to modern and beyond.

Pricing is $179.00, €165.00, £119.00 inc VAT
    Upgrade offer for registered DCAM Synth Squad customers: $79.00, €72.00, £52.00 inc VAT
    (please log into your user account to show the upgrade offer price in the online shop)
    http://www.fxpansion.com/strobe2

stupid pricing i am not upgrading, 72€ thats a bit more i paid for DCAM as i bought it.:deep_facepalm:

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

Costs way too much

4. strangeranium

strangeranium Ultrasonic

Not too much for legit license holders, like myself, but as a straight up purchase, I would agree. Plus, it looks terrible compared to strobe 1. And the sound in the promo could be any other softie. However, I have been more than impressed with DCAM, and strobe is a go to synth for analog bass for me, So i will trust that this is a good plugin. I do not feel the need to upgrade though as I just do not need too.

5. awake

awake Member

Fucking Expensive
    and just look at the Upgrade Price: $79, €72, £52 inc. VAT.
    NO FUCKING WAY!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. ArticStorm

i thought the same. i could buy something else for that price and still enjoy strobe1.
    some of the pads are quite good as i quick checked the demo.

7. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I am a legit owner but the upgrade to just 1 synth costs more than the whole bundle did

8. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

To tell the truth, FXPansion lowered the bundle price (DCAM Synth Squad) so that the latest cost of this bundle PLUS the cost of the upgrade would match the initial price of Strobe 2(too expensive for one synth i agree)... At least, this is exactly how they justified it.

Now, the problem is. They have planned to release the two other synths (cypher and amber) as version 2 as well.
    So what will be the upgrade path? From people who own the initial DCAM Bundle and for people who own Strobe 2?
    Because 3 times 72€ would just be a bad joke. And 3 times 169€ a marketing wet dream...

9. ArticStorm

@yabiss yes thats their plan, i bought DCAM with 50% off, stillasking myself why i did that? maybe 7 skies said it was good lol
    i used it a couple of times, but it was collecting dust on my HDD most of the time.

DCAM was 140€, i got 3 synths and that wrapper with the FX stuff (Fusor) and that for 69€.
    this would be 3x72€ to have the bundle as v2 too again. (from DCAM i havnt used the other ones lol)
    its good they split the bundle, but why on earth 170€ for it? when you dont earn DCAM? strobe isnt worth it, for that price i could almost buy zebra2 with a free upgrade. there are really better synths for that amount of money.

maybe they made no enough with their plugins and thought why not kill it and melk the upgrade buyers of DCAM?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

i agree with everyone's price complaints. that upgrade price was what i was expecting to pay for strobe2, amber2, cypher2, fusor2, and say maybe Tres vst/au from reason chucked in too...

11. virusg

virusg Rock Star

i bought the license from a discount site that its no more today ...all bundle for 80 euros :winker: ...ill upgrade when ill find the bundle @ @last that amount of money otherwise, im really enjoying v1 ...not worth the upgrade also :dunno:

12. ArticStorm

i dont think they will bundle them anymore. the price is crazy for strobe2. sure its a good analog soudning synth, but no way it stays against sylenth1, serum, massive and hive. oohhh and spire.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

strobe has always sounded good. but it isn't flexible enough to be in the price league of some of the multi osc legends like articstorm mentioned

14. awake

awake Member

Maybe they will bundle the V2 next year but i'm wondering what will be the price

15. thewildwilliams

thewildwilliams Newbie

Maybe people who buy the upgrade of Stobe 2 will get a rebate on DCAM2 (kidding...)

16. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

17. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

I really Love Fxpansion Synths they have a Very Unique sound..

18. Bruttospritz

Bruttospritz Member

I'm testing the demo and I'm mostly impressed by the microtuning options, the PITCHKEY slider is set to 100% by default, meaning a normal western scale, but you can scroll it all the way down to -100% to adjust the tuning to make crazy scales at your pleasure (btw, -100% it's like playing a sort of "mirror" keyboard, lower notes on the right and higher on the left). Wild stuff...
    [​IMG]