FXpansion releases BFD London Sessions

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Apr 15, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

FXpansion has announced the release of BFD London Sessions, an expansion pack for BFD3 and BFD Eco featuring
    the BFD2 factory library recorded at London’s AIR Studios. AIR was started in 1969 by George Martin, famous
    for his work with The Beatles. It moved to its present location at Lyndhurst Hall, a stunning grade II listed
    converted church in Hampstead, in 1991. It offers one of the best live rooms in the UK.

It includes a detailed collection of 10 vintage and modern kits with dramatic room sounds tracked through the
    magic of a custom Neve console.

• Ludwig 'Spiral' Vistalite that was once owned and played by the late John Bonham
    • Ringo Starr's Black Oyster Ludwig kit that was used on a number of classic albums
    • DW Collector's Series
    • Gretsch Round-badge
    • Tamburo Opera
    • FX house kit: 70s Rogers XP-8 with Bosphorus hihat and Brady jarrah wood snare
    • Plus kits from Pork Pie, Orange County, Pearl and Fibes

Snares were carefully tuned to range from deep and loose to tight and ringy with lots of overtones. Drum heads were
    chosen in order to complement each individual instrument while various types of damping were used when appropriate.

The vintage kits in particular have loose hardware and other supposed flaws - these have all been retained as they
    add to the character and realism of these instruments.

The resulting library offers a very wide and varied selection of sounds, great for all kinds of music.

Articulations:
    • Kicks: snare, no snare
    • Snares: hit, half-edge (half-way between the centre and edge), sidestick, rim, drag
    • Toms: hit
    • Hihats: closed, 1/4-open, 1/2-open, 3/4-open, open (for tip and shank), pedal (foot-chick)
    • Cymbals: normal hit, bell and edge where possible

[​IMG]

With 49GB of data and over 80 kit-pieces offering huge timbral variety, BFD London Sessions also provides a
    wide range of mixing options. The legendary room at AIR’s Lyndhurst Hall is captured by 2 pairs of room mics
    including a mid/side set capable of anything from true mono to richly expanded stereo. The mixing flexibility
    is further enhanced by 3 direct snare mics and far room mics packed with character and a huge sense of space.

[​IMG]

The Neve console’s AIR Montserrat preamps and Prism converters are used throughout, resulting in a warm yet
    defined sound. A huge range of rock sounds are made possible by the room mics while the punchy direct mics and
    silky overheads are suitable for all kinds of music from funk and jazz to pop, country and much more.

All sounds were recorded through the Neve's preamps into Pro Tools, via Prism ADA-8 XR converters, at 24-bit
    resolution with a sample rate of 44.1 kHz. No EQ, compression or other processing was used on any channels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h15NX-KP6sc

Highlights:
    - Original BFD2 library recorded at London's AIR Studios
    - Recorded with premium mics, a warm signal path, and a can of cold beans
    - Mid/Side close room for true mono or expanded stereo
    - Dramatic, powerful far room mics
    - Huge kicks & detailed snares
    - Hihats with 11 articulations
    - Cymbals with bell and edge hits
    - 49GB of multi-channel, 24-bit 44.1 kHz audio

BFD London Sessions is available for purchase for $149 USD / 109 EUR / £95 GBP inc VAT
    Registered BFD Eco users can get 50% off by activating the discount in their account

More INFO: FXpansion | BFD London Sessions

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Any EDM stuff included.. ?

:rofl:

4. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

wow damn more drums ¡¡ sounds great !! thanks for the info !! :wink:

5. OleaSTeR

OleaSTeR Newbie

looking good .. it's very fun to play e-drum with 70's kits
    but 49GB, my laptop definitively need a new drive :(

6. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

Hopefully not! BFD is the top of the line acoustic drum software. I hope they never go the electronic route besides 8bit Kit!

Love BFD, thanks for the news!!!

Sounds like they re-recorded the original BFD 2 library in a different studio for BFD 3. Sounds f-ing great! Hope we get to try these and all unreleased BFD libraries because BFD is the butter!

7. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Oh they will. Is only a matter of time, when acoustic instruments will run out :) You need to do everything and more if you want to stay in business this days. Maybe they will not go pure EDM route, but they will not stay purely acoustic forever as some of their products already shown.

8. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

wrong they didnt re-recorded it its the discontinued BFD2 Library reprogramed for BFD3 and BFDeco !

simple if you like it buy it

9. Correct me if I'm wrong... is this the good ol' BFD2 factory library converted, right?

10. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

It's really not my business, but, corect me if I'm wrong, they already have Tremor (under they I mean FXpansion)... (for EDM stuff) :wink:

11. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

yes , converted i don´t think , reprogramed for BFD3 use

they have done it in the past as well with the BFD1 Factory Library which are called BFD Eldorado now

12. yep... i mean "converted" for BFD3 :bow: