FXpansion Guru....

Discussion in 'Software' started by Raddler777, Feb 10, 2018.

1. alex921

alex921 Producer

I installed it again today, previously it worked fine within Sierra. I'm on a different version of Sierra, (not High Sierra) , and it crashed for me today too. I do recommend reading fxpansion official status on the status of guru on OS X where you need to write a few scripts in the terminal. Also, I think there is another option to prevent it from crashing something along the line with ''validate'' in it, but forgot the exact terminology

2. Raddler777

Raddler777 Guest

Giving geist a go now..Sorry, not enjoying it! Guru is like the smooth quiet guy at a party that leaves with the lady's. Geist is the guy that tries so hard to be cool, but inevitably goes home alone. Failed try Fxpansion, guru was simple and efficient, and as a bonus light on the cpu. Sometimes these developers totally miss the mark.

3. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

Little (cpu cycles gobbler), in some aspect on point over, and in others, not understandable how or why, under-think-ed fuNckedup bastard child, left alone in the wilderness. Eating large samples wo buffering and almost instantaneous waveform display; on load recalling multiple engines, filed with numerous "gigantic" samples, start/end points editing with ease, zooming in/out on place, "wo" additional, choppy slider, pitches per layer, pad, engine, master; levels, pans and sends per layer, pad, engine, master, instantaneous pattern per engine recall, scene recall....... wo memory or cpu bottleneck. Yes, yes.. geist will do "the same" (and even more/better).. but not wo lag, gag, waveform staircasing, offsets clicking, cracking, choking....

I'm trying to refresh gui a bit, but as mentioned.. many "available skin components" are actually unavailable/(externally)undeclared. From someone, capable of some advanced "scripting, hacking, hexing..", interested in involvement (of helping littol bastard), help would be greatly appreciated (pmme).

Now (sketch, declarations wip, elements offsetting.. sizing by available image sizes and their placement..)

[​IMG]

Different approach (from "scratch" wip.. hopefully, with someones clever help, wo/min restrictions..)

[​IMG]

Attached Files: