Fxpansion DCAM Buss Comp phase issues.

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by noise.maker, Mar 29, 2015.

1. noise.maker

noise.maker Platinum Record

Any one experiencing phase(sample delay) issues with DCAM Buss Compressor? I think plugin not inform well the DAW about sample delay compensation(tested in LPX and Reaper). Useful only for single track processing(mastering), but not for mixing situations.

3. relexted

relexted Producer

Sometimes it helps to send every single channel to an aux/bus instead of having some channels going directly to the main out.
    But when you use it as parallel you could bounce it and place the wav in phase.

Or put it on every channel :P

4. Sonar Sounds

Sonar Sounds Ultrasonic

Compressors (especially multiband models) are, along with reverbs, the most phase-problematic processors: if your DAW doesn't seem to fix delays like it should, just check with a polarity inversion whether or not it cancels out (duplicate the channel you've got your compressor on, set ratio to 1:1 and invert one channel's polarity) and manually delay (with a sample delay) until it does. :wink:

5. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

It's wierd, because I used it the other day to parallel process some vocals, and actually didn't encounter the phase issues, and you think using Ableton, (which is notoriously bad for the exact issue you are talking about noise.maker).... but it could have been so far into processing stacks of parallel tracks to polish a turd that I didn't even notice...but usually i would hear that... will take another look...