FXpansion Authorization files

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Valhalla, May 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Valhalla

Valhalla Newbie

Hello again,

I have obviously made an error during installing the FXpansion pack by R2R as the main effect that I was looking to install will not authorize for reasons unbeknown to me

I am trying to uninstall all the software and then re-install to try and fix this but the license manager and plugins keep remembering my machine.

Logic also doesn't recognize the new components from a re-install as new plug-ins rather then old ones.

Does any one know where to look for these extra authorization files so I can remove them for a fresh install?

Thank you,
    V

3. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

you have to unauthorize what you have try to Authorize thats the Ticket \m/>>> and start over

4. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

On my mac it goes: MacintoshHD-Mac-Pro:~(home icon)/Users/(home icon)/Library/Preferences/com.fxpansion.licensemanager.plist

Folder titles will be slighty different on your mac, but the path directory should be the same. You'll find a bunch of fxpansion .plist in there. Delete them and that may/should do the trick i think. Please note the "Library" folder is hidden, so you'll have to make sure that show first to find the rest of the path. After deleting them all, do a fresh install (Make sure to clean your trash too!). Should work after.

5. Valhalla

Valhalla Newbie

Hello Jaymz and e-minor

Yes Jaymz I think that may be the solution and I am now trying to figure out how to get there.

Thanks e-minor I did not know about that folder.

I tried deleting all the plist files in the folder you mentioned with FXpansion in the file name and reinstalling the apps, but now none of them are authorizing!

There must be another file on my machine somewhere that I need to get rid of.

Regards,
    V

6. e-minor

e-minor Platinum Record

Sorry. Those are the only ones I can think of. Do you keep backups? If so revert to previous version of your computer. Best wishes!

7. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

bro when the Authorization manager pops up look mouse over to the left an u see drop down menu select Unauthorize or Deauthorize .... best after all you have done is uninstall Bfd and start fresh.... if it happens again use the unathorize fuction.... i would put all my Authorized files on a usb stick so you can keep up with them and it makes much easier my friend \m/ hope this helps ya mon!

8. Valhalla

Valhalla Newbie

OK quick update

@e-minor Unfortunately, I do not keep backups of my system. I do have a backup of my libstdc++ file but I'm not sure if that will help.
    @Jaymz Oh thanks for that, I did not see the De-authorize function there. I've tried de-authorizing the plugin but that did not work either returning the same "Ready to authorize!" message on a re-install. The software that isn't working are the DCAMdynamics plug-ins, I have tried to install two different versions of this on my machine that are both by R2R. This could be why my system is messing up.

Thank you both for your input,
    V