FXpansion Authoization

Discussion in 'Software' started by Frubbs, May 18, 2015.

1. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

A while a go I wanted to install a number of FXpansion plugins (K). In a fit of ill-advised trigger-happy haste, I generated serial numbers for several and entered them into the FXpansion License manager all at once, rather than going through the full authorization process one at a time. I was able to follow through with the first one, but of course once I returned to the KG for the rest it wanted to generate fresh serials, and it won't let me paste in the one it already gave me. The license manager won't let me change a serial once it's entered, so the two are at an impasse. Does anyone know where the FXpansion license manager stores serial numbers, and how I might go about altering that data? I have tried uninstalling, but the uninstallers have no uninstall scripts. Most grateful for any help on this one.

3. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Serial Number& locations can b found at registry key

for installed products can be found at

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FXPansion

Other than that Good luck :wink:

4. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

Thanks Clandestine - I should have mentioned I'm on OSX - not sure what the equivalent address would be - tried user and main prefs, Application Support for FXpansion, nothing obvious anyway....

5. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Sorry didn't realise u on OSX.

My knowledge of protections & how they work is lame anyway but am guessing it will be a little more complicated simply manipulating registry keys etc but to be honest I don't know.

Apparently it a bit of a dodgy install from all accounts.

Maybe someone with a much better knowledge of how protections work can help :wink:

6. trenton

trenton Kapellmeister

Not sure if this will work as I do have mine deauthorized.
    Open up the license manager, click on the product that is giving you a hard time and from the top menu, select " Deauthorize and remove products"
    After that, it will place something wherever you select it. Just delete it. Now try running the product again to place it back into the license manager. Carry on from there.

Hope this helps (and hope you get that "deauthorize and remove product" thing

7. Frubbs

Frubbs Kapellmeister

Yup, that did it. Thanks trenton. They weren't authorized, but de-authorizing them cleared the s/n buffer so I could re-install and go through the whole process properly this time. Go figure.