Future Bass - synths and presets

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by waverider, Aug 3, 2019.

1. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone is into Future Bass and wants to share their opinions about their favorite preset packs and synths. Obviously Serum is a good choice but I'm also interested in packs that are for other synths, like Spire or Massive. There is a huge amount of stuff, but a lot of that doesn't sound good to me. I'm curious to get your thoughts if you have an opinion on this.

3. SceleJohn

SceleJohn Producer

Ultrasonic's future bass essentials packs are pretty good in my opinion. But trust me nothing beats making your own sounds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. demberto

demberto Rock Star

Future bass is basically Serum and OTT with LFOTool. The saw chords can even be created with Sylenth1 but the more "digital" they sound the better they suit future bass. all other synths like spire, dune, hive sound more like trance style especially spire. the massive presets are just copies of serum and/or sylenth. i have tried many presets and finally concluded that serum is the best... i recommend the destiny preset pack by 7skies for serum. it has really unique presets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Mr. Narwhal

Mr. Narwhal Newbie

StiickzZ makes a lot of preset packs for specific genres as well as artist series packs like The Chainsmokers, Martin Garrix, Illenium, and some others. Most of them are for Sylenth1 and Serum but they're worth checking out

• List
  6. indianwebking

indianwebking Platinum Record

future bass is so dead that i can make any song in future bass but the reason i am not making any song in future bass is it lacks that uniqueness. for me it is all about letting me explore the side of my own production techniques and sound. it limits me actually in a way. it is just a simple saw and some lfo on top of it. unless you make melodic future bass it is totally useless. it is too generic unless you have instruments and melody to experiment with and vocals on top of anything to call it even a good song

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. SceleJohn

SceleJohn Producer

Sorry but I have to dissagree. Future bass is NOT just saw and LFO. In my opinion it is very open to experimenting. Some producers choose to have a powerful melody on to of the chords, others only use chords for the drop etc. I does NOT lack uniqueness, there are SO many possibilities so many chords you could choose, and there are an unlimited amount of rhythmical possibilities. The LFO itself has a lot of rhythmical potential with how you use it. The thing about future bass being just saw and LFO is just a simple way of addressing it. You will have to layer different sounds other than saw to make it sound nice and THICC.(personally I like a combination of a lot of supersaws, square wace and a little bit of triangle.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Hello, thank you for your responses. Those are some great recommendations, I'll check them out. As a beginner it feels overwhelming and it's good to have a few starting points.
    I admit that I don't even know much about this genre. It's just that I'll occasionally listen to tracks on streaming services and really like the songs so I wanted to get into it. Will have to check out a few tutorials about it as well. When you say, nothing beats making your own sounds, you first gotta know how it's supposed to sound like, right :)
    I did notice that a lot of those preset packs are mostly for Serum. Gotta wonder how that synth earned its rep for certain genres like that. I mean certainly other synths can create those sounds too, right? How about Avenger or Omnisphere? I found like 2 or 3 Future Bass preset packs for those, but for Serum it was dozens, easily. There's more for Spire actually however I found that most of those sounded quite nicely in the demos, but I felt disappointed when trying them out myself.
    Thank you!

9. demberto

demberto Rock Star

the main problem is you make future bass with spire or massive. spire/Sylenth1 are plainly trance/house optimized synths. those trance phasers and filters sound analog and shit when compared to serum. to me every serum preset is different but spire almost every pack has those harsh leads which always sound similar and simple. massive is great but difficult. unique presets but sound too messed up. it can give the sound you want tho. atlast serum comes. it is easy to change the preset to our liking. it is SIMPLE to create great sounding presets and that is why all new presets are mostly for serum

10. SceleJohn

SceleJohn Producer

Take it slow,practice regularly and listen to it. You will get there. Serum is used the most because of its more digital sound and its visual appeal. It's easy to create sounds in serum, it's easy to add effects and it's easy to tune the lfo. These are the reasons that I personally use serum for this genre.

11. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Have a listen and then decide...

PS. Vandalism makes the best presentations of their presets:
    1. You hear nice tracks
    2. You see which preset is sounding right at the moment