funny how teams dont touch some brands yet they "fix" 90 percent of the audio plugins out there

Discussion in 'Software' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Feb 4, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

it's funny to me how after all these years of requests , contributions (people that uploaded mentioned really wanted softwares with license) a very specific team seems to not want to touch certain brands that i cant mention it's really a pity and sad to see , i myself could provide some very good licenses for softwares that people REALLY want but i wont share them becouse i know this team wont even bother it's sad i remember around 2015 any software you wanted was on the sister site nowadays you are lucky if you get updates for softwares you have seen a billion times that and please don't forget the useless samplepacks that flood the sister site daily i said i was gonna leave but i wanna make this clear i cant believe what is happening again i'm not requesting anything specific so i suppose this isn't against the rules , i just wanted to show my opinion from a guy that could provide to the sister site i know i'm not the olny one that feels this way now you can all come for me with your shiny knight armors and keep praising teams like they gave you birth i don't care and never will but i care that the audio scene is dying and no one wants to do anything about it

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

I can´t believe you still haven´t understand the scene releases.. Collecting dolls is easier :)
    It´s not about quantity, it´s about quality and challenge of the particular protection..
    Why would you show off with already cracked iLok for instance?
    You can request what ever you want, but the reality is what they´re gonna give us and live with it..
    Of course you can buy them too

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

if it is about the challenge of the particular protection the products i'm talking about have the highest protection known to mankind again can't mention them i wish i could to give you an example but i wont fall for that not risking it here or OLY will press the ban button the fact is that 2015 was a way better year for the audio scene than 2024 is and that is simply depressing to me atleast

5. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

sic!
    didn't you leave the other day?

And no points and kommas as a welcome gift?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Guys, we're going to stay off of requests and conspiracy theories. Please.

Teams simply crack what is attractive to them. Even if many people want a specific synth for example, if they have no use for it, they won't do it.
    Or they decide that cracking it is useful for another reason, like giving a lesson to a developer or other non musical reason.
    Last but not least, cracking a vst(i) is also some kind of advertising for it, and they may decide not to update cracks for a specific product, so they don't push a product from a bad dev into the lights.

Remember that most of them are musicians. And cracking and music are 2 very time consuming activities.

Only young crackers crack what ever just because they can.

Conclusion : We already have far more than what is needed to do good music. We don't need more cracked software, we need to work on our skills, and take time to refine our music, instead of spending time on trying plugins.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. ReaperLover34345

ReaperLover34345 Member

8. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

True. Nothing for old farts.

Not true. I wanted UAD cracked and it wasn't there.

You've hit the nail on the head. Today - with fewer groups - there are higher quality and much more difficult cracks.

9. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

It's likely they have in fact kraked it all. Remember, a lot of this Acustica stuff got krakened 8 years ago by many accounts. It's getting it out of internal release and out here that you're really fussing about and that's affected by many things. Don't blame the group(s).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Is it though?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

so you are still here and now constructing conspiracy theories after threatening us you leave the forum, how old are you?

12. robie

robie Kapellmeister

Let's call it for what it is... I think what KUSHSMOKERLIT is really asking is, 'are release groups getting paid off by some developers not to release certain products' ? I've heard speculation about that sort of thing for many years. Never seen any proof of it, and the fact is we'll probably never know if it's actually happening or not. If it is, it would really make me sad since it would be such a negative commentary on how far file sharing has fallen from when it began. Then again, based on what I see in this world nowadays, nothing would surprise me any more.

• List
  13. 0on3

0on3 Guest

ya know kusk , you sense of entitlement and the audacity you have for running down teams is incredible !!
    So tell me , how many books or coding pdf's have you study or read thru so you can start picking up all these
    so-called softwarez no one is touching yet .... thats what I thought .... NONE !!

You and a few others with your BS about what teams are doing and your obscene demands for software is really
    getting on my last nerve , and Im sure many in here feel the same as me. And are getting way tired of it !!

Either get off yer ass and learn to code and do reverse engineering , or simply SHUT UP !!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. MFShreddage

MFShreddage Kapellmeister

I remember 2 years ago when I was looking for free plugs accidently I found sister site, Since then, I have been able to have many plugins, tutorials, libraries that I needed and could not afford.
    one who has skills and ability can make the best possible tracks with far less than things that are available on the sister site.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Sometimes releases are determined by just how aggressively companies are willing to DCMA. I think there are some developers that look at all this as an alternative source of promotion.

Some definitely do not. :rofl:

16. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Threatening. :winker: Wonderful!!! :rofl:

17. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Ah, that's a question finally....

Lets look what Chat GPT 3.5 has to say...

"The question of whether some software cracking teams are paid by manufacturers not to crack their software is intriguing and layered with complexities. In the shadowy corridors of the internet, where the ethics and legality of software cracking are constantly debated, this topic adds an extra layer of intrigue.

First off, software cracking refers to the practice of modifying software to remove or disable features that are considered undesirable by the person cracking the software, most commonly copy protection features. The existence of software cracking teams has been a thorn in the side of software developers and publishers for decades, leading to an ongoing cat-and-mouse game involving the implementation of increasingly sophisticated DRM (Digital Rights Management) techniques and the subsequent attempts to bypass these protections.

The notion that some manufacturers might pay cracking teams not to target their software is not beyond the realm of possibility. It could be seen as a pragmatic, if controversial, approach to protecting their software from unauthorized use, especially in cases where traditional DRM measures have failed. However, evidence of such arrangements is scant and largely anecdotal. The secretive nature of both the software cracking community and the potential for such deals makes it difficult to confirm specific instances.

From an ethical standpoint, the idea raises numerous questions. For software manufacturers, the act of paying off cracking teams could be seen as an admission that conventional security measures are insufficient, which might not sit well with consumers or shareholders. It also raises the question of whether such payments would encourage more cracking attempts, as other teams might seek similar payoffs.

For cracking teams, accepting payment from manufacturers could be seen as a betrayal of the principles that some claim to uphold, such as fighting against perceived overreach by software companies or advocating for the freedom of information. However, motivations among cracking groups vary widely, and not all adhere to such ideological positions.

In the end, the relationship between software manufacturers and cracking teams remains largely adversarial. While the idea of payoffs is fascinating and adds an intriguing twist to the narrative, without hard evidence, it remains speculative. The battle over software protection and cracking continues to evolve, driven by advances in technology, shifts in legal and ethical standards, and the never-ending ingenuity of both sides."

Not bad, some arguments I didn't think about...

...that will never be answered.

• List
  18. dylan63819

dylan63819 Newbie

soundtoys? old obsolete plugins...
    uad? plugin for old analog farts...
    what is missing?

19. Melodic Reality

Melodic Reality Rock Star

Start cracking, I mean, you got the software, you got the determination, go for it, but quickly, we need all of it fast. :thumbsup:

20. robie

robie Kapellmeister

I disagree with that part of your comment. Many of the R2R releases involve placing files pretty deep into a computer operating system. People allow for that because a) they want to get a hold of the particular software, and b) they trust R2R due to how long they've been around and how much they've done. But if something is going on that would tend to break your trust, who knows where that begins and where it ends? Would a group that makes financial gain from a developer also consider financial gain from providing information about those that installed cracked software? It's probably doable with some of what people install with these cracks. I mean, we are discussing a group that use to say in their nfo's, 'don't make money from warez'!

Again, I'm not saying that this is happening, I absolutely have no evidence that anyone is getting paid off. But the point is, questions are raised by these concerns, and some of those concerns may be valid. It's something for people to consider.

Another point with it is kind of raised by KUSH. Specifically, providing material to the groups that could be used for cracking purposes. I remember awhile back seeing a comment by Oly that someone donated a particularly desirable synth, and the user credentials for that synth, and that it was passed along to a group. If any of these concerns are true, then you have to ask yourself are you handing out software and user credentials in the hope of seeing the software liberated, or are you handing it out so someone else can make a buck off of it and your user credentials?

Regardless, there are some oddities to the pattern of releases we see on sister site nowadays, just as you point out with Avid. Unfortunately, there are many questions but very few answers.

21. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Rock Star

it doesnt matter dude lol; nobody owes you shit

even if they are getting run a check, that money speaks louder than you bitching about handouts like a bum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.