Funky House project - I need OPINION!!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Tizziano, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Tizziano

Tizziano Newbie

3. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

Had a quick listen -- solid groove, beat, and structure. My only critique is the use of remix-styled sweeps and effects. I realize that this is a common technique for creating swells/builds to heighten the moment in the track -- but is quite often 'overdone' -- other than that -- sounds great.

4. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

First off, typing in all caps with multiple exclamation marks won't make people want to help you. Just try asking like a normal person.

You've got pretty much the same loops going over and over throughout the entire track. Try adding some variation. Also, I think your fx could be made to fit better in your mix. Some of them need some processing while others just end abruptly.

5. zspin.stomp.shuffle

zspin.stomp.shuffle Newbie

nice sax, sfx r gr8.

6. incognito

incognito Noisemaker

Nice vibe! But I notice a difference between sound quality of different instruments. My guess is you used mostly samples and they don't mix together very well. The sax and percussion are nice and bright while the bass and kicks are muddy. It's still a solid track idea, just not perfect.

Good work nevertheless! Keep it up!