funky & daft punky sounds

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by brain-s, Dec 23, 2013.

1. brain-s

brain-s Newbie

3. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

- it's a guitar + drive (cf. solo)
    - the 2nd riff (clearer at 2:10) It's an electric piano (tone all the way up) + auto-wah + a bit of drive (i could be wrong)

4. brain-s

brain-s Newbie

Thanks PMS..

for auto-wah.. i need Sugar Bytes - WOW?
    or something else?

5. jiemayn

jiemayn Noisemaker

Ok so the guitar was played and then remixed to make it more interesting probably because it was not 100% on point maybe? I don't play the guitar but I can edit, and when I edit I sound like i'm good at the guitar hahah.. Also the other sound is possibly a lead or maybe piano like sound, that has filtering on it like EQ low end and mid low off, and it has 8 bit. Listening to it more I believe the filtering is after the 8 bit or sample rate distortion. You do not need WOW for either of these sounds. If you use protools (all I know) use AIR bit crush I think its called and chop of the music!

6. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Not convinced that is a guitar. It sounds like it's sequenced too much.
    It could be a sample chopped up to give that percussive sound, but it sounds too much like a vst to my ears. Played guitar for +30 years and it don't sound like a twanger to me :)

Sounds more like good midi programming with slight modulation on the accent notes.
    Cool tune

7. redox

redox Member

I agree.Sounds more like distortion on a synth .