FUN FACT - Next time you sing through your RØDE mic, picture a rat.

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Cardamom, May 8, 2022.

1. Cardamom

Cardamom Platinum Record

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Røde_Microphones

Origins of RØDE

As Freedman Electronics entered the 1990s, Peter Freedman was seeking a solution to the company's financial situation. While pursuing other ventures, he recalled a large-diaphragm condenser microphone he had found 10 years previously at a trade show in China. After gauging local market interest, he imported 20 of them.

The modified microphone was an immediate success, with sales likened to taking off like "a rat up a drainpipe". This comment led to the microphone being unofficially called the 'RODENT-1', which was later changed to the RØDE NT1, thus establishing the RØDE Microphones brand. The 'Ø' character was added in tribute to the Freedman family's Scandinavian heritage and to give the brand a European flavour.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2022
  3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

I own an NT-1
    It is a great all purpose microphone. For recording upright bass it is wonderful.

Here is a DRY vocal test side-by-side with a NEUMANN U47.
    The Neumann is a better microphone but in terms of recording frequency difference, it's not $2,000 better.
    The RODE NT-1 is possibly the best value microphone around for all purpose work for the money in my opinion.
    Sure I love Neumann's and AKG's but there is no microphone for the price of the NT-1 equal to it.