Fully experimental, not thinking about the traditional music terms!

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Dec 7, 2016.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Not thinking about the melody, harmony, etc.

Let's start out this thread with this one.
    So amazing. The approximate structure of the track is like this:
    [​IMG]

Where are the verse and chorus?:bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2016
  3. foster911

foster911 Guest

Another one:

4. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

Sound design, structure, storytelling and unique techniques (manular granulization). I think this fits in the post :D Listen to the whole thing but especially the second part.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Foster, I feel like Jan Jelinek was on firm ground w/ the twig scratchings, it's kinda when he got into the main bark bit that I got a bit bored. Babes. It was a bit liek Beefheart forgot to riff & preferred recording swamp bats, or smthn. Stupid swamp bats! Anyway, I got the hypnotic vibe a bit moar on second listen. I prefered Lil' Dragons meanderings. Maybe. BB.

But fuck, HOW. CAN. U. NOT! Lovely :D

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

7. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

argh my brain is melting @SyNtH.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

To me the song describes the evolution of the human race as it increases its knowledge and continued fight for power. All of this is surmounted on a timeline of events, both catastrophic and beneficial to the human race. The second part of the song symbolizes a circular inflection and misuse/overload of information that was once beneficial to humans, now working against us, (primarily technology created by us) that keeps increasing and increasing in size till the world can no longer hold itself together and implodes into nothingness.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. foster911

foster911 Guest

10. foster911

foster911 Guest

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

With this kind of production, now everyone is a composer and the real meaning of musicianship would fade out in the near future.

Just layering the sounds and hearing that they sound good or bad. Kind of semi-random or controlled random process.:dunno:

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Listened to the first piece. Really nice Foster, I really like this ambient/whatever the hell it is stuff. I don't know why you still think in terms of verses and chrouses :D

Second piece in the thread? Ugh..

@foster911: no, it's not as easy as you think; you really think it's all about putting two loops together? Even I acknowledge that the second track requires some work. Even if it's just a couple of farts and growls. You are saying random apocalyptic non-sense. "Real meaning of musicianship would fade out" lol

13. Satai

Satai Rock Star

14. As in...we created technology, but shortly afterwards, the technology began creating us (which in reality is one in the same because technology is but an extension of our self).

15. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

Excellent thread friends. Keep on. But please don´t say that Terry Riley isn´t a composer.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. foster911

foster911 Guest

It's more easier than you think. :bleh: I can put more than a million layers like these ones and produce random arrangements. TBH, just because of @The Teknomage I refrained from doing that.

Just layered not mixed&mastered:

17. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

It's not even 1/10th of complexity of that weird track by Aethek, and the sounds are plain boring, again, in contrast to that track.
    Also, way too many melodies and chords. Listen to yours and listen to the Aethek's one, then ask yourself some questions.
    EDIT: I'm not saying that the random track made by Aethek is ugly or anything (I really don't like it tbh). BUT, I recognize that it requires some work. Even if at a first glance it really sounds like just random noises and blips and blops.

If you think the first track you posted is just a "random placement of loops and sounds", then I don't know what to say...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

now sounding relatively basic compared to that aethek track, this classic bit of squarepusher was the first experimentally structured track that opened my eyes/confused my brain.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  19. foster911

foster911 Guest

I'm not saying that, Igor Stravinsky says:
    Art is organized chaos.

20. foster911

foster911 Guest

21. foster911

foster911 Guest