Full of crappy apps and wretched samples packs on sister site: a solution!

Discussion in 'humor' started by The Revenant, Jan 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

First world problems

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

If you don't agree, please argue.
    If you don't care, please shut-up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. The Revenant

The Revenant Platinum Record

Again and again and again... READ MY POST before commenting:
    There is only one guy at the moment who has fully understood what I mean:
    Would you like to be the next?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  4. EAR TO LEARN

EAR TO LEARN Producer

You're moaning about plugins you don't want? Are you too lazy to scroll past them? Whatever you are smoking, I don't want any...

5. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

[​IMG]

6. E@rth

E@rth Newbie

Leaving the micro taxonomies, I would only suggest a method to know in advance a timebombed item......

I suffered too much with Arturia.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

https://upawg.ca/index.php?Search=r2r
    https://upawg.ca/index.php?Search=vr
    ----
    you can do feeds in az...im not on there anymoe , dunno how at moment..but you can click on uploader click on his uploads...bookmark this site...so you have always only this uploaders rls's on that bookmark
    --
    but just using software tab is more safe to not let a fcker thru secretly which get dmca buffed after 2 days
    ---
    indicator all with over 100 upvotes is dl must heh heh...all under 30 upvotes is hording..
    just talkin shit sry ..lol..you not hording ...i kno..

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. SmokerNzt

SmokerNzt Rock Star

you can block the user by adding him to your host file
    for example you want to banned bob because he upload crap then you can add him to you're host file
    HTML:
    127.0.0.1  UserBob
    127.0.0.1  User Scam
    127.0.0.1  User Mom
    127.0.0.1  User Dady
    127.0.0.1  User Spam 
    don't forget to Save it

9. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I do not want that. there is nothing to fix, it is alright as it is.

However, you can fix it from your end:
    1. Open a Command Prompt window
    2. type “format c: /fs:ntfs”
    3. hit “Enter”.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

like who the F is going to curate the posts? You?
    I think I would not trust anybody with that, after seeing how popular W.a. productions plugins are:hahaha:?

11. You kind of get this facility by using the SOFTWARE->(OS of your choice) filter, from the main menu.

12. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

this is all very subjective. while i do understand why you're complaining, some people might find those releases useful, just like some people download and read magazines. This is the downside of being the biggest audio software resource - we have everything, whether it's interesting to you personally, or not :sad:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

it is your golden rule , i wait of the day when hoster remove to pay user for uploads to make money out of warez . i know alot of people who have stop supplying because as there are people exist like you which makes money with warez .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

you posting mirrors of the same hoster which gots already posted . and makes also money with this even if you dont post things anymore .

just search for an real job but you are to lazy to do this because its easier for you to make money out of warez .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

I experience no problem with "too many low quality sample packs". i scroll past them, and thats that.
    Seems like YOU are making it a PROBLEM for yourself in your mind. you choose to.

you could chose to just accept it and choose to not waste your owne energy on small minute things like this.
    Is it stopping you finishing your music?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

I noticed quite a few people complain about the uploads by Sunny, ibeny, etc. I don't know if the "X"(ignore) button on their profile would keep the user from seeing what they upload. But if so.. that could be a solution for some of you.

17. lancexx

lancexx Producer

I come to the sister site for the very niche/weird/old releases, it ends up being mostly older stuff from before '05 and I only download 1-2 things a month in general. The biggest draw for me is the focus on free releases being catalogued on the right side of the site, its more comprehensive than any other "normal" non-warez site for sure. As a result I was a bit annoyed by the recent spam of cashmere releases on the right side and whenever sketchy scene stuff pops up there. But even outdated 32 bit VSTs for an OS I don't use make me feel happy in a strange way, they remind me of a much simpler and more innocent time.

I really want to thank everyone who contributed so many amazing eBooks over the years, I find that kind of educational content infinitely more useful than drum kits and sample packs since you can use new knowledge to transform the tools and supplies you already have. The comments and suggestions in those posts are usually helpful in figuring out where to go next in my endless quest for knowledge. I don't want to mention anyone specific since I value everyone's contributions and the educational content here helped me out through a dark time in my life. There are some incredible uploads from guys who only ever shared 1 or 2 things and were never seen again. I would prefer if there were some stricter guidelines in how things are sorted but I understand it might not be a priority for those running the site and there are larger or different issues that require attention first.

If I could humbly request a change, it would be great if the search function allowed you to go back to your search instead of getting "Document Expired". I understand this could be a function of how the site is setup and might be an intentional function based on how the web design was implemented though.

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. frumtheslums

frumtheslums Guest

Kind of sounds like creating a special category for dmca takedown.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Well now, you just have a blessed day, ya hear! :winker:

20. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

This post seems to come from a newbie, however you're here for many years. Therefore your post becomes very strange, like when someone had a bad day/night or got drunk and wants to put his anger onto someone (in this case on the internet).
    You're wrong in many ways in your post:
    - your complaint about many (for you) irrelevant releases occupy the pages, is not new, not just "for some times now"
    - quality releases... you should be more specific, as different people will find different stuff more relevant, more quality release.
    If you referred to Kontakt libraries, well, most stuff has already been releases on the internet. So perhaps you must complain to the developers.
    - as you should know (based on your years around here/there) that there are weeks without "bombastic" releases, then sometimes it just rains suddenly. THIS PHENOMENON IS NOT NEW.

As this critic is not new, you should know that mods have already explained several times, why sister site can't have such a complex filtering feature, so far, as it would be a resource hog, each user with his/her personalized filter, indexing files...

Calm down and rest a bit. You're gonna' be fine.

I suggest to the mods of this site to create a Whining section where this and similar hangover threads would belong to.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.