FrontDAW by United Plugins

Discussion in 'Software News' started by tzzsmk, Sep 5, 2019.

1. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

The digital world with its clarity and accuracy lacks some vibe from the old times. This is why English producer and remixer Greg Brimson, also United Plugins powered artist, approached us with his idea for a dream plugin. 'Create a front door for every recording, and call it Front DAW, guys,' said he, 'so that every track would have a true analogue input.' Thanks to him you can turn your DAW Mixer into a real Analogue Console.

Introductory discount 100% .....which means totally FREE!

https://unitedplugins.com/FrontDAW

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Interesting Interesting x 6
    • List
  3. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

It's free until countdown is on

Clipboard02.jpg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Every Track Different with VARM
    It‘s not just Greg who needs to take advantage of our Variable Analogue Random Modeling technology. VARM is technology based on knowledge of chaotic behaviour and randomness of the analogue world. Thanks to VARM, each plugin instance acts slightly different. VARM models randomness of the subtle differences of the values of the electrical parts - exactly as in the real electrical units and the real console channels.
    Three Types of Saturation.
    BR/US/GE buttons represent three types of analogue circuits you may choose from. BR represents classic fat British consoles, US stands for legendary punchy American style input. Switching to GE will give you velvet sounding colourful vintage German tube console.
    The Mojo
    Turning the Mojo knob lets you decide the amount of saturation your tracks get. The effect is rather subtle and gentle because Front DAW is intended to be used on many tracks simultaneously. You don‘t want your mix to be dirty, do you?
    Saturate Every Track
    Thanks to advanced modeling technology we use Front DAW is very CPU-friendly. It is designed to be used on every single track of your mix (if desired).
    Hassle-Free Software Protection
    No iLok, no dongle nor internet access is required for activation. Our software uses licence files to activate your software. You can freely use the purchased software on all your computers as long as you are the user.
    Realistic 3D Yet Flexible GUI
    Photorealistic graphic user interface of the plugin gives you the feeling you are touching the real hardware. But it easily adapts to your needs. You can always drag the arrow in the bottom right corner to change its size - make it smaller to save the valuable screen space, or enlarge it to make it easier to use.
    15-Days Unlimited Trial Version for Free
    All the descriptions are nothing comparing to putting hands on the plugin yourself. No saving limits. No noises. No boundaries. Engage the plugin in your project for real and fully exploit its powers for two weeks.
    Second-Hand Edition for FREE
    Even partly broken machines can serve well in many studios. Although their functionality can be limited to just one feature, they may give your records something extra. After the trial period expires, the plugin continues working with limited access to several features.
    64-bit Audio Quality at ANY Sampling Rate
    The plugin provides the maximum audio quality you can get. It uses 64-bit audio processing and can handle any sampling rate. 192 kHz or even higher

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I still don't understand what is this.
    Another analog-compressor-saturation plugin that uses 3D GUI to simulate real hardware that doesn't exist?

Snake oil? :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

it's not a snake oil, but rather a very basic "channel" strip with very basic controls, and partially randomized saturation, probably quite subtle, no harsh distortion designer;
    it's "free to buy" right now, so try for yourself;
    devs are "co-op" with Melda which are amazing plugins ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. mild pump milk

Saturation inspired by 3 mixing console channel strips (British, American and tube German consoles), plus HP filter. Free right now, after 10 days or so it won't be free.

8. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Yep, that's the point, so every instance is supposed to sound a bit differently.

If this is recognizable or not :dunno:.

9. sms2000

sms2000 Ultrasonic

i hope the snake oil guy will check it out soon

10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Yeah, I really love Melda plugins, they're the best suited for me. I support this United Plugins thing just because Melda is in.

What I don't understand is why they sell it like a hardware counterpart. You've plenty of plugins for that. At the start, middle, end, mixing and mastering stages. Including Meldaproduction ones that are good, light on RAM and CPU and an ugly but very functional GUI.

Still sucks in some things but let's be honest, a fancy but completely inferior funcionality-wise GUI, like say, this frontdaw one, would improve Melda sales. In fact, perhaps they did this for that reason in the first place!! lol

One problem tough. No matter how light on CPU is, fancy GUI means RAM wasted. We already have Overloud for that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

sounds amazing to me. warmz, lifts up and opens the sound

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

this thing sounds so good

i think its a soft clipper or something

13. sheran

sheran Newbie

So it this 100% free or limited edition after 15 days?

14. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I guess it depends if you click "add to cart FREE" and buy for 0 bucks, OR just "try for free"
    :rofl:

15. PlzNo

PlzNo Ultrasonic

Feels like those MC-Donalds Advertisments where the Ad is like super spicy and the reality is like

[​IMG]

Whats that weird white thing in the right lower corner?
    When clicking it the whole Windows resize-glitches around. Might cause some epileptic to die. :rofl:

Why does it look like someone resized it in MS-Paint?
    Stopping the activation process crashes my DAW.
    Its also impossible to close the "Enter new Value" Window since it just wont take any input but moving it around.

Those problems only exist in the latest Studio One Version from the Sister Site, FL Studio seems to work fine with it (even tho it also shows that weird white thingy, however no glitches there).

16. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

just did some basic testes with a spectrum analyzer and feeding a sine through it.
    It ads harmonics, and clips if you drive it hard.
    anything fine under Logic

17. mild pump milk

As i understand, you may download demo and activate this during 10 days. And register on this site, give them some info, email etc

18. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Neat. I like preamp plugins. Gonna try this out in a bit. Thanks for posting

Without having heard it yet... I'm guessing it'll be Neve or SSL, API, and...? Not sure what the German one would be. V76?

19. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

You just buy it for the price of 0 , not the demo

20. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

tzzsmk
    :like::thanks:
    ------------
    plugin from try for free option doesnt look like demo ..
    but crashes live when closing preset manager...

ok i got license file now...but still crashing live when closing preset manager...but thats no a big thing..

21. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

When I try to do this I see 'Enter discount coupon' and I haven't one. Any suggestion?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List