Fresh peep/progressive track needs feedback

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by fuad, May 27, 2013.

1. fuad

fuad Producer

Hey guys, fresh track, kind of experimental, need feedback and ideas if you guys have any, criticisms welcome too of course. Thanks. I meant "deep" and not "peep" in case someone was wondering.

https://soundcloud.com/householdproductions/sensations-original-mix

3. manducator

manducator Member

Nice deep kick!!

I very much like the synth stabs. How did you create them?

I hear lots fo reverb to make things wide and pro-sounding.

I don't hear anything that should get changed.

4. fuad

fuad Producer

Thanks man! the synth stabs were made by layering different sounds in sylenth 1...are you talking about the main lead pluck or the chord stabs? In any case both were made in sylenth. The chord stab is sounds layered together. One sound is the synth you hear in the intro and is then layered on top of the lower stab..together they make up that sound.

I'm actually still in the process of mixing the track..i changed the bassline because I though it was too muddy so I made it a lower pitched one..and made the lead more prominent in the second part and just cleaning things up.

5. bigboobs

bigboobs Kapellmeister

Good mixing at all, although the arrangement is a bit boring, not enough changes...

6. fuad

fuad Producer

Yeah I guess add some things in there to change the arrangement up a bit. Any suggestions though? Like do you have any ideas of how I can spice up the arrangement? I mean I have a few different melodies and harmonies going on in the song and I introduce them at different times throughout, maybe I can add some new percussive elements in there or use more filters to give the listener a break from the main melody.