French handcrafted midi controller

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by FUTUR Sample, Oct 28, 2021.

1. FUTUR Sample

FUTUR Sample Newbie

Just found this :

A French handcrafted midi controller, 4 100mm Slidepots, 1 rotary, 3 buttons alll CC assignable directly on hardware. Look promising, 219€ ex vat

https://ferdz.fr/index.php/mico-cinetic-en/

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  3. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

That’s looks superb

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Ferdz MICO Cinetic (EN)

MICO Cinetic - Comment éditer les midi CC (FR)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  5. odod

odod Rock Star

The price is in € and plus VAT + Shipping to my country + import TAX = EXPENSIVE :(
    i need to move to another country now ..

6. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Man, at first I thought the thing most of us do when seeing new kit is "looks great but if it had X and Y it would be perfect", but I actually think the minimalism and the "scenes" would make a perfect companion to a portable laptop setup.

So yeah, I don't need this and yes it's not cheap, but at the same time...

7. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

I am always the same, and I guess that’s the problem with all the different workflows we have, but have you looked how much long throw midi controllers have been, many users I have seen have bemoaned the lack and cost because they want them, but they are mega expensive, and the cheaper ones are 40-60mm.

if I didn’t have my current solution (one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-and-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0 ), I would definitely be interested. Would be cool if the large rotary encoder was also an XY controller (and I only got THAT idea from you saying it having “X and Y” :rofl:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Yeah, the faders certainly got my attention, because as you said, long throws are almost a rarity, and I don't have any long faders in my current MIDI setup. But it certainly makes a difference as short ones tend to be fiddly and making small adjustments is hard, especially as cheaper faders tend to have more physical resistance causing jumps in the controls.

I understand that having a push-XY rotary would bump up the cost but that would almost make this an instabuy, I love the one on my Komplete Kontrol, it's fantastic with live as you can navigate/record the clips and tracks without having to look at the screen or using the mouse almost superfluous.

9. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

It's a nice controller, but no one thought that you coud use also a cheap DJ console g.e. Hercules, I did it and it worked.
    After all they are MIDI controllers too, map them and you're good to go.