Freezing regions? And 16-bit freezed files?

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Highdom, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

I usually working on freezed track to save up some cpu, but I'd like to optimize this process freezing not the entire track but only the part of it where I put midi/audio region. In other words...it's totally unuserful to freeze the entire track for only 5 seconds of midi playing!

Moreover I realized that freezing process use 24-bit aiff encoding, can I reduce it to 16? (It doesn't mind to the best resolution because when I bounce the final project I unfreeze tracks!

Thanks!

3. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

You can't freeze a section of a track, it has to be the whole track. Theoretically you could duplicate the track multiple times and keep distinct sections in each track and freeze/unfreeze each of them as needed. Just be careful not to overload or you'll crash.
    Not sure what DAW you use but maybe just lower the bit-depth in your preferences and render the section as audio. Then you can disable the track/devices to save CPU.

This could be a good opportunity to learn to have conviction and commit to your ideas, my friend. I know I had to.

4. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

In ableton I just make a new audio track next to the frozen midi one and ctrl+drag the frozen midi clip on to it. Ableton will automatically make an audio clip out of it. Then I disable the midi clip on the frozen midi track so I can reenable it if I have to make changes. Also you can now turn off all warping on the new audio clip to save a little cpu. The clips on frozen midi tracks are actually warped audio.
    Ive become a master at squeezing every last bit of cpu out of ableton and keeping it at 48/24

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017