Free VST3 to VST2 Converter

Discussion in 'Software' started by aymat, Mar 17, 2021.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

So today I found a very useful free utility called vst3shell that allows you to run vst3 plugins in Maschine or any daw without vst3 support:

https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/vst3shell.zip

Very simple to use, just unzip the files to your plugins directory and run your daw. Make sure you also run a scan for your vst3 instruments and they should load right up like any normal vst2 plugin. If that doesn't work, you can use this shell2vst tool to create regular vst2 dll's from the vst3 shells:

https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/shell2vst.zip

• Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

I was used shell2vst for Waves plugins to break it up for individual plugins.
    But doesn't know that this can work for vst3 too.
    And there is new tool with number 3.
    Thanks! I will test it soon [​IMG]

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i used this always for waves plugins, also vst3, but does it work for vst2 plugins too? which we want to use as vst3 plugins? this would be amazing for the future :o

5. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

You can't do that can you bro? Waves comes in waveshell that lets you choose the individual plugins.

However the way you can split them is after you loaded an individual plugin into an insert, you then save it as it's own plugin to be recalled for reload next time you open up a session & select it from the vst category you saved it to.

Like the C4 to the multiband compressor section of your chosen DAW.

6. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

I doesn't remember exactly because it was some time ago but I think that what You think is impossible is possible :hillbilly:

If I remember correctly shell2vst split waveshell.dll to individual .dll like C1 Comp.dll, H-Comp.dll, H-Delay.dll, J37.dll, L1 Limiter.dll, Rvox.dll, S1 Imager.dll etc. all the plugins from the Waveshell :bleh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Fuck that's crazy, I had no idea you could do it that way. Seems even more integrated & seamless than doing it by hand in the daw like I did so that's very cool.

I literally sat there for hours packing away hundreds of plugins, well fuck me man. :unsure:

"Select waveshell, select plugin, don't know where it goes? Search ect it, file it away then next it" for 3 fucking hours man.

I was on some Daft Bunk Technolojit shit for shitty bare hours on end my man. I feel like my ass is going to grow an ass just by thinking about it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  8. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

You talk about shell2vst? I think it's simple. Just create new folder. Paste there shell2vst64.exe and drag & drop on this exe the waveshell.dll and it throw out individual .dlls

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Man maybe I'm just a little fucked up at this moment right now but it really does just explode like some christmas birthday double surprise just like that? When I pullt them out one by one? Aye Carumba... Sometimes I wish I didn't use anything from Waves at all. Just tellem to go poof man.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

Yeah. It explodes like funckin Piñata [​IMG]

11. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Oh i used to do that alot i even have all Waves extracted tiny plugins in separate folders in specific categorys all EQ,s in one folder all Dynamics in one folder i also have subfolders for BusComp, Opto Comp,Multiband Comp etc etc.
    But somehow it didnt work anymore to extract tiny Vst,s but ppl still continued to do it so something must have happend to my system

12. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

@Donut Nyamer . Piñata is close, but it's actually more like it's exploding from what SEEMS like an empty hole ... in the middle of ... a donut.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

I am not sure that applies to Waves plugins, but i think it applies to donuts.

13. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Well then... It seems I've been living my life wrong all along. Where's the rewind button on this piece of shit walkman? God damn best shit Sony ever made I'm telling you.

14. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

The funny thing is even if i did a Format C: and reinstall a clean windows it didnt work anymore but i found another solution which was hypercube VstWrapperBuilder that worked up until Waves 9 i think or was it 8? Dont remember damn i am getting old (Almost 60) but then it also stopped working.
    Havent tried the new v2.1.1 though my latest was 2.1

http://hypercube-software.duckdns.org/softwares/vstwrapper

Oh and check out his other utilities as Universal Patch Finder for Kontakt
    Midi Doodle
    Tone Explorer
    And some other cool utilities

15. 30hz

30hz Producer

[​IMG]

Hi!. I have a noob question about vst3. I use cubase 5 32bit (... I know). In the vst3 version of fabfilter pro q3 (if I have not misunderstood) there is the possibility to use the external sidechain function with the use of the small button in the gui(cubase 10), which with the vst2 version is not present(cubase 5), could this converter do the job ?, I tried to install before the plug in cubase 5 vst3 folder, but nothing. Thanks![​IMG][​IMG](sorry for the possible O.T):bow:

16. I'm looking for a plug that separates my waves so that I can use them all as dll, one of you knows where I can find something

17. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

when you split the files, you can install only those you need.

18. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

that is the drawback: of course you can not convert things to VST2 which are not available in VST2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. MikewithHeart

MikewithHeart Ultrasonic

Mr. Al-Zain, man of honor, you posted the question below the answer. Just scroll up again, please. In the first post you find the source to the solution. Further below other honorable members described the way.

So yes, some of us know where YOU can find something.

20. itisntreal

itisntreal Guest

at least i had a sony walkman with pitchcontrol at the back of the walkman there was a little hole which you must penatrate with a simple tooth pick so you can adjust the speed

21. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

is there are a time of the day where you guys do not think about penetrating something.