Free software for Focusrite / Novation owners

Discussion in 'Software News' started by arbuckle, Jan 10, 2022.

1. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

Avid replaced the free Pro Tools First with a 3-month free subscription to Pro Tools Standard for members of the Focusrite Plug-In Collective bundle (basically anyone who owns any Focusrite or Novation hardware). It's easily missed, but this comes with perpetual licenses to some really solid plugins, such as Newfangled EQuivocate, Baby Audio Comeback Kid, Amplitube 5 SE, T-Racks 5 SE, Accusonus ERA Voice Leveller, DJ Swivel Spread, Convology XT Plates and some other bit and bobs, as well as free samples, SFX and Groove3/Puremix credits.

This was a nice surprise as I had only installed the PT trial on a whim, being a happy REAPER user. These plugins do not expire, some like EQuivocate being added to my iLok as Expiration: Never, and others with an account on the plugin manufacturers site. And they're not AAX-locked -- I'm using the VST versions.

The PT plugs and included 3rd parties such as UVI Falcon, Auto Tune Unlimited and Melodyne Essential DO expire after the three months as they are linked to the main subscription (and might only be usable in PT, haven't tried yet).

There's some other good stuff in the main plug-in collective page too if anyone's unaware of it, like the Softube Time and Tone bundle and (this month) some free Fuse Audio Labs plugins.

• Like Like x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Audiozer

Audiozer Kapellmeister

Nice!

Not often you hear anything good from Avid these days. Enjoy!

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

maybe I misunderstand something.

If you install some version of protools and then "get" free/regged/perpetual versions of those plugins, with some or all also installing VSTs (I am guessing as dll files); you think they will not expire when your trial period is over? (or when PT is uninstalled)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  5. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

That's right, I was surprised too, but they're in the 'inner circle' plugin bundle which is like freebies for full subscribers and gives perpetual licences.

I've already uninstalled PT after discovering it doesn't support 4k monitors. In 2022.

6. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

the first one on the top of page is Rift Filter Lite, and it's 49$ price. but it's free if you have an account with that developer anyway.
    I'll stop there. I think I would end up deleting all these even if they are free.

8. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

Not sure that's free any more but fair enough, I would likely never use that one either... there are some decent plugins in the bundle though, I like Comeback Kid and EQuivocate and the IK stuff is a big step up from their free offering. Looking again at my Focusrite account I think I got the offer due to owning a Scarlett interface, which was bundled with the (free) PT First. So it might not work on just any Focusrite/Novation accounts, but if you do own a Scarlett or another product bundled with PT First then it could be worth grabbing the 3 month trial just for the plugs. I suspect it's an oversight on Avid's part as the Inner Circle page suggests it's intended for annual subscribers, so this might not be active for long.

9. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

It's related with owning a Fosurite product, not protools.

10. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

True but the free stuff in the plugin collective is separate from the free stuff that Avid gives you when you activate their 3 month trial. And it's not obviously flagged anywhere that you'd get any of these perpetual 3rd party licenses when you do the trial via focurite. I suspect avid just rushed out the three month trial
    in a hurry after killing PT First when R2R showed up.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. blasterx

blasterx Kapellmeister

Any link???

12. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

Plugin collective link in first post - log in and if you have the pro tools trial visible under 'my software' you should be able to use that to download the plugins from avid (in the Inner Circle section).

13. clone

clone Audiosexual

they were probably rushed into "doing something". You would think that Focusrite (not Avid) would be on the hook for "shipping" a product with "free included" software from another vendor, that the other vendor had to decide to take away. So they give you different free junk instead.

Most of these plugins' full versions are easy to find Scene Releases of. So that you can later delete them as useless anyway. lol

14. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Huh? Rift Filter Lite was never free even when it was first released, it was like $20 as a limited time offer. Its $50 regardless of whether you have an account or not. I own Rift, I see $49 for the Lite filter clear as day on the website when I sign in here. The Convology one is a load of crap, thats not Convology Complete, so that one actually is free to download.
    Stick with your scene releases then cool guy, some of us enjoy legitimate plugs on our systems.

This must just be for Focusrite folks again, just logged into my Novation account and we dont have it here. They both run different freebies alternately every three months or so. There's been some cool stuff that showed up for Focusrite folks that never made it to the Novation side and vice versa. Focusrite users got some neat D16 stuff a few months back that never came to the Novation team.

15. Charzoid

Charzoid Noisemaker

Working fine for me thanks dude

16. clone

clone Audiosexual

it was free when I downloaded it. it was around when Rift was released. The Developer linked to the free version in a post he made and respectfully said maybe it would delay a release of his plugin. Seems it has no? or you'd have downloaded a copy. :)

So which of these free Focusrite plugins are worth keeping? It's funny you getting upset about some free shit.

17. Audiozer

Audiozer Kapellmeister

Sorry mate... I don't want to come off like an A-hole here, but...

You are the only person that seems to be upset in this thread. arbuckle took the time to share some freebies for legit users. They involve legit iLok authorizations... could be handy in many different scenarios. What's the issue? If it doesn't apply to you... use your "free shit" and move on. No?

18. clone

clone Audiosexual

my point was simply, most of these are not worth keeping. never mind putting them into projects, and then having them expire because they are trials that someone wants to continue functioning past the trial date for free. I probably should deactivate these because I did get rid of the interface they came with.

19. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

These aren't trials and it's not breaking any TOS, you get legit serials and the download page literally says:

FREE PLUGINS, MUSIC & SOUND LIBRARIES, AND TRAINING
    Not trials or subscriptions—these are all yours to keep, explore, and create with.

One of the freebies that I'm impressed by is the Accusonus Voice Leveller, which I gave to my girlfriend who records lectures regularly at home and has levels all over the shop. I own Vocal Rider which might be better for music, has more options and can do things like write volume automation to the DAW, and I also use TBPro Trileveller as a Reaper JSFX (very natural pre-comp) - but for voice-over/podcast/spoken word levelling the Accusonus is the best sounding I've used, and incredibly simple and quick to operate.

20. Audiozer

Audiozer Kapellmeister

Yeah... so you have said repeatedly. But...

We're all big boys and girls and are free to decide on our own what to keep. Having legit versions to ponder over makes it easier. So...

Thanks to arbuckle one final time.

And clone... do enjoy your free shit.

21. clone

clone Audiosexual

you do a great job racing. :like: