FREE PLUGIN ALERT | Native Instruments PHASIS

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Futurewine, Dec 15, 2017.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

@thantrax its weird, but sometimes its just not working ... wait a day.

2. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

@ArticStorm

Question: Service Center is still installed; have I to wipe it out?

3. ArticStorm

you can try it, i cant tell you, because i reinstalled my windows as NI Access was released.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Native Instruments installations have become loads of fun lately. :headbang:

To be able to use this free ["free"?] spectatular ["spectacular"?] phaser plugin, you will have to do most of these things:

1) First you have to create an account with NI. Give out your e-mail and other personal data to them like a good citizen. Then Big Brother will mercifully send you a link to the software that installs Native Access software. Thanks. You think your pain is over, but it's only the beginning. :headbang:
    2) Then you have to download [60MB] and install Native Access. It installs its own version of MS VC++ 2017 on top of other 10 you probably already have. :clap-clap:
    2) Start the [freakin'] Native Access... but it has to download and install an update for it before you can do anything. Thanks! Another 60MB download. :headbang:
    3) You don't have MS VC++ 2013 installed? Tough luck, because the updated Native Access won't start without it end spew error messages at you. :rofl: So much fun so far, eh? :P Then you download MS VC++ 2013 and install that [crap] on top of all the other [crap] programs you already have installed. :ovations:
    4) You finally, with a smile on your face, start the Native Access [crap] and it asks you for your e-mail and password. Then you add the serial number you got in their e-mail so it can download and install the [freakin'] phaser plugin. Big smile on your face. :rofl:
    5) IT [as in "IT" by Stephen King] then slowly downloads another 90MB of [crap] data from NI servers and that's your plugin! Hurray! :headbang: IT installs it automagically. :cool:
    6) You finally start your DAW and load the NI [as in "Knights that say NI! From Monty Python? - Youtube it :rofl:] phaser plugin intuitively called "Phasis" after one of your favourite synths to play with it. Finally.
    7) You can't believe that it consumes so much CPU and RAM, but it sounds rather interesting. Albeit, you cannot get rid of the feeling you've heard it somewhere before... deja-vu? Or was it some of the 10+ free or not so free, but definitely hassle free phaser plugins you've tried before? [Add to this excellent and free HY-Phaser]

Decisions... Hmmm.... :mad:

Thanks "Knights of NI" for an absolutely free plugin! Just don't say "NI!" I'll install it, honestly! :rofl:

Cheers!

p.s. I tried it in a VirtualBox Windows 7. There's no chance I'd put so much unnecessary crap on my [bugfree] working PC! I freaking hate corporations who think your computer is theirs to do whatever they want to it. This plugin could have been a free 10MB zipped DLL download that you unpack and put in your VST folder, just like all those heaps of 3rd party developers do it. Now that's what I call good PR for NI, not this. :wink:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

NI!

6. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

Thanks but no thanks...

7. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

It seems like it's not worth it to install. :-/

8. Infidel

Infidel Producer

Maybe this will cheer up some of those Scrooges out there.
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/happy-holidays-2017/

ENTER TO WIN
    One lucky winner will receive all four of these flagship NI products worth $3,596.00:

• KOMPLETE 11 ULTIMATE
      The supreme suite for pro audio production
    • KOMPLETE KONTROL S49
      Smart controller with high-res displays
    • MASCHINE
      Next generation production and performance instrument
    • TRAKTOR KONTROL S8
      Flagship 4-channel system with hi-res displays
    BTW - Encourage your government to sue the US over the Net Neutrality repeal. Corporations cannot control and own the worlds internet.

9. Gnib

Gnib Producer

Native Instruments has the worse support I've ever experienced. I say this as an owner of Komplete Ultimate. You are guaranteed to experience update problems so you will be dealing with lots of irritations.

I wish I had spent my money elsewhere......

10. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Here the workaround to "fix" the Native Access (endless) Waiting issue.

STEP 1
    Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your primary drive, typically C:

STEP 2
    Menu > View > Check Hidden Items option (to show hidden objects)

STEP 3
    Start Native Access and navigate to Available Updates

STEP 4
    Do this step for one product that needs updating one at a time
    Press UpdateAfter seeing WAITING FOR CONNECTION status, hit the pause button

STEP 5
    Go to the open Windows Explorer view under the root drive -- typically C:
    You should see a folder named ".native-instruments.tmp" (usually hidden, but we revealed it in STEP 2)

STEP 6
    Double-click this hidden folder named ".native-instruments.tmp"
    You should see a file with name similar to "metalink-crif6468"
    Each of these files contains the download URL for the product you are trying to update/install

STEP 7
    Open the "meta" file from STEP 7 in Notepad. You can also open it in Chrome

STEP 8
    In the META file, the <file name> tag shows the file of the installer needed In between the <url> and </url> tags will be the link you can copy and paste in your favorite browser (like Chrome) and hit Enter. This will start the installer download from which you can install the product.

NOTE:
    STEP 3 through 8 can be repeated for the Native Access > Not Installed section to install the new products

This workaround is a direct replica of steps provided by a NI Support technician.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

Woah! Could you link or upload direct setups?
    Crap. Will this also happen on Win7? Plugin looks hot, but I wouldn't want to get stuff unregistered.

12. ArticStorm

indeed you are right, FM8 and Massive were authorized with my legal serials, despite i have R2Rs version installed (offline installs :( ), so now i have to fix Reaktor+Factory Libary, Absynth5 - Kontakt still works. why cant they not let the user decide?! thats why hate all these crappy Company downloaders - seems to be a trend that every company now has one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

So we actually can say that this should be cracked?

14. Magic Mango

Magic Mango Producer

Just a way to bypass the horrors of installation. The serial number gets emailed anyways.

Thx Thantrax !

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017