Free Music Promotion

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by AV Pogosyan, Aug 9, 2012.

1. AV Pogosyan

AV Pogosyan Newbie

Where I Can Get Free Music Promotion ?

3. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Make good tracks, send them to blogs, youtube uploaders, be more active on social networks but it it'll be hard to get it for free tho

4. smartlad

smartlad Member

Simple as that, but easier said than done.

Your label should also be helping out, its for their benefit as much as yours.

If you feel like your not getting nowhere, then the harsh truth is your not doing as quoted above.

5. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

Step 1: watch tutorials on mastering so that your track will be Perfect when you release it.
    Step 2: Find your crowd, meaning, know what genre your making. If you make anything other than electronic, find blogs to post it to.
    If you make electronic like DnB or Dubstep, talk to me and I'll help you perfect it and possibly put you on OWSLA,Circus,Monstercat,Mau5trap, or Dim Mak.
    Step 3:Link to social networks, get UPC codes, and begin selling.
    Step 4: If your a DJ like me then you will start performing. If your not a dj, then you sit on your couch and collect money from music sales :D

Keep Producing :P

6. AV Pogosyan

AV Pogosyan Newbie

I'm Making Electro House/Progressive House Tracks

7. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Interesting... i'll talk to you :dancing:

8. xsze

xsze Guest

Soundcloud :D

If you are confident in your music, just try to get signed with some label, they will do the rest, send them you demos and hope that you are something they want.

On the other note, it's so much easier promoting your music if you build up attention around you, but watch out and don't be one of those spammers, people really don't give a damn about that,neither than I.

Making tutorials on You Tube can give you a lot of promotion, that's I think the best way to really have true fans, you give them piece of your knowledge and work, they support you and love you for everything you done.

Make connection with people that listen to same music you make, try to connect with the artist too,make some remixes, enter some remix competitions, DJ's are your best friends for that task, join some forum and help others in return they help you.

There isn't any real answer for this, you must try everything, but music speak for itself, if the music is good, it will be heard, but if you are only week copy of some main act, maybe there is some shot, but you are late for that, only label that represent him maybe will sign you, other than that, your are just copy of the original thing,nothing special at all.

I think the most important is that something you have is good, if you spam people with some not that good music and demos, that's the last time any of them will listen to you again, so be careful.

Personally I support people who have original music and most of them I met on forums like this one, You Tube or from Soundcloud, if I get interested to hear progressive house, I enter some prog house group and browse for some interesting people, if I like what I hear, I follow them.

Be careful, exposing not so good music is bad promotion ;)

9. AV Pogosyan

AV Pogosyan Newbie

Thank You Guys

10. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

House is harder to sell, because everyone even little kid know how to make it. So your House has to be super unique!
    If it is unique enough then you can get far with it. Avicii did like a million remixes in the genre of house before getting his name out there.
    soooo maybe try remixing, but add something special that you know no one has added to their track!

11. AV Pogosyan

AV Pogosyan Newbie

I'm making remixes for labels like this

http://soundcloud.com/avpogosyan/damian-soma-stay-here-av-remix

12. vybe

vybe Newbie

my boy is doing all my soundclick promotion..