Free Moog Sub Phatty Ableton Instruments

Discussion in 'Software' started by temple23, Feb 12, 2014.

1. temple23

temple23 Noisemaker

Moog's Sub Phatty (the basis for their new Sub 37, incidentally) takes their Phatty engine and adds a sub-oscillator and new "Multidrive" circuits that are capable of some really in-your-face sounds.

Since I've been using it for close to a year, I figured it was time for another round of Moog-based Simpler patches. Because the Multidrive is so unique and the extra sub-oscillator adds textural complexity, I focused on those for this pack.

[​IMG]

The Sub Phatty instruments in the file are as follows:

Deeper - This is an all-purpose patch with a percussive attack and filtered sustain. Works well for both midrange riffs and bass lines.

Farfisting - The Sub Phatty isn't polyphonic, but in Simpler it is, so I made a solid sustaining sound that's evocative of the classic Farfisa organ.

Gigantor - Name says it all. Big-ass sound with a cranked-up Moog Multidrive.

Major Fourth - Interval detuning. Great for old-school electro riffs ala D.Ramirez and Greg Kobe - especially when you add some portamento/glide :)

Nasty - Who doesn't love hard sync and distortion?

Screamer - More multidriven goodness, with a bit of internal modulation going on.

Subsonica - Super-deep Moog bass sound. Protect your woofers, K?

Thwacker - Another interval-detuned patch with a bit more attack. Percussive and plucky in the mid-to-upper ranges. Aliased and bit-crushy in the bass register.

Website

3. tek909

tek909 Member

Wow, thank for this share.
    I never went on this Blog site before.
    It's chock full of goodies.

:wink: