Free mixing

Discussion in 'Job Listings: Finding, Hiring.' started by Aswad, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Aswad

Aswad Ultrasonic

Hi people
    i dont know if am posting in the right place,i hope i am
    i am offering free mixing and mastering for anyone who's interested in having their song mixed
    i have been doing this for about 9 years so am not someone whos just starting but i've been doing it it only for my self and i thought i should be starting somewhere, so any who has rap,rnb track or any other style they want to mix just hit me with PM

3. rBennich

rBennich Kapellmeister

Why don't you put your own music out there and see who will pay you instead? :) If you are good, someone will probably pay you at least a little. Sets higher preassure on your work, too, witch i think is a good thing... Try starting out on fiverr.com. I did that once. serious people there are willing to pay maybe 50 bucks for a mix, if it is really good. Cheap amateurs might pay you 10 bucks. But i mean, it's better than nothing. Give yourself some credit, man... :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  4. Aswad

Aswad Ultrasonic

thanks for your replay man and your ideas i ready did put some of my work here check it out..i will drop some good free mixes as demos for others to see how good it is like i said one gotta start somewhere

5. rBennich

rBennich Kapellmeister

Yeah. I really do believe most people will rather pay for a mix, knowing it will be good. Although some people have really really low standards, and anything will do. But putting up demos of a limited selection of your best work in different genres is probably the best way to promote your mixing services. And you should really edit this OP and put in soundcloud links there. Remember, people are fucking lazy... ;)

6. KingzDubStep

KingzDubStep Ultrasonic

i agree as people don't tend to see value in things if they are free. i personally would charge even if its a token amount so the customer knows that by paying you, you will at least put effort into it (hopefully) and you will at least have money to buy some beer and weed :)

7. John V

John V Ultrasonic

It is great to have some experience, the more you invest doing what you love to do the better you get at it.. After mastering your skills you could really start seeing the money.. I admire you very much to try some new way to get potential clients and get some practice too... Good Luck you should try to start a webpage about it and promote it.. Something like the first track free or some seconds free to try to catch some potential clients...

8. Aswad

Aswad Ultrasonic

Exactly mate you get the point spending more time doing what I love the most getting more expensive on other people's approach etc..... thanks mate

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  9. manducator

manducator Member

No hard feelings but I sent Aswad stems of my song and I made my own mastering.

Because I already posted my mastering here, he won't master my song.

Am I not allowed to do with my music what I want, as long as i got no contract with Aswad?

10. Aswad

Aswad Ultrasonic

do you feel good now after telling the news ??
    you gave me a track to master then you published the same track on your own 2 days later, whey would i waste my time anyway ?

11. manducator

manducator Member

As a matter a fact, yes I feel good. Just telling the truth, nothing more, nothing less.

Let me know if I told something that wasn't true.