FREE Mixing and Mastering for your projects

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by GodHimSelf, Apr 20, 2016.

1. GodHimSelf

GodHimSelf Platinum Record

Hi!

I bet you were drawn by the title. And it is good true.

I do am available to do free mixing and mastering for your projects, any genre.
    Though I have mixed and mastered a decent amount of tracks, I cannot keep my own productions coming and learn from mixing them, due to lack of time. I will give LESS priority to peak time Hardwell, Ummet Ozcan, yayada hardstyle tracks, I am sick of it (but eventually I'll to learn how to mix it) but still, electro and progressive house are loves of mine. Techno, minimal, deep house, tech house are welcome. Rock, hip hop, reggae are also welcome, although I am not that familiar with them (that's why I want to learn mixing them). Ambient, chillout, new wave, chilltrap are also extremely welcome.

What I am proposing to you, is that I mix and/or master your tracks for FREE (depends on the number of request, giving priority for mixing for now) as long as you don't have a deadline: I am doing this for fun, to learn the art. I am an advanced amateur, let's say.

I have professionally mastered some tracks, though I'd rather stay relatively anonymous regarding those works.

I will only take projects when I have time to manage them - if you plan on having mixes to be released yesterday, this is not for you. I'll do it on my own time, taking as much as I think proper.

I do not own a massive studio: I use yamaha's HS80M and have a fairly decent collection of headphones (HD650, K712 and HD-25II). Your tracks will be mixed with top notch software :)

Here are the rules:
    - Mixing: I'll take 8-16 max track projects, WAV or AIFF format, 16 bit upwards.
    - Mastering: tracks must peak at -6. I won't master any track higher than -9 to -6 RMS (I prefer the lower value). WAV or AIFF format.
    - You MUST provide a reference track, flac, wav or high quality mp3 (320 kbps).
    - I will choose the tracks I want to work on, so, you'll FIRST have to provide a reference mixdown.
    - Stems must me logged in the cloud, preferably DropBox, Mega, Wetransfer or Google Drive. Loading it into rapidgator-type sites (slow-downloads, download limits) will automatically put you off.
    - In times of increased demand, I will have to give less time to each track: the goal is to learn from as much genres as possible.
    - I won't deal with assholes and ungrateful people: play smart ball on me and you'll never hear from me again, plus, I'll slap your name here.
    - I'll take the time I'll have to. Even if you plan on sending your track to a professional mixer - I won't be sad if you ask me to do it and then send it to someone else. I'd be happy if you'd let me listen to it and compare it with mine (that would be pretty nice of you).
    - You (obviously) won't lose any owner rights to your track.
    - Keep in mind that mixing a track may lead to subtle adding of elements (reverbs, delays, swipes, ...)
    - rules may change at anytime and I don't give a damn what you think of it.
    - If you want to thank me, credit me when you print the mix.If you want to pay me, well, we'll have to figure that out, that is not the main goal though I'd be happy to see that recognition.

By demand, here are the links to tracks I produced (bootlegs) mixed about 3 years ago. I cannot compromise myself by posting more actual professional mixes:

BIH.mp3

JJMO.mp3

LIY.m4a
    http://www105.zippyshare.com/v/M9qx636F/file.html

Today, slightly different approaches would be taken to master some of the elements.

This is supposed to be fun and educative.

Comment here or PM if you're interested.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Sully

Sully Newbie

I'd be very interested in this, I have a couple of tracks that are finished, that will SHINE with the right mix/master.

Hit me back ASAP

4. GodHimSelf

Done!

5. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

Yikkkes, Maybe get something an amature with attatude would mix or master, who knows when if at all!
    Worst part, it is at the expense of your education.

You are on a pro audio forum. You should at least supply a sample of your mixing and mastering ability so everyone could judge if your services are worth it, even if you offer them for free.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Bokula

Bokula Member

I would like to hear some of your mixes first

7. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

I want your mix - but mix it soft a lil'weed on top and a little cocaine :D 2 shoots of whiskey that will be enough :rofl:

8. GodHimSelf

Updated the OP.

9. Burninstar

Thank you for providing a sample of your mixing. That helps everyone out.

Just wondering why it would compromise yourself posting your actual professional mixes, and why are the mixes from 3 years back? That's older than my avatar LOL.

10. GodHimSelf

This a hobby of mine, I am a surgeon, I spend most of my time in the OR. I don't want to post more recent works because they were made for someone else (professional, paid work), this ones are the result of my hobby. I simply don't want to expose myself. If that is not OK with you, that's OK for me.

11. Burninstar

Thank for the reply, That is very OK with me. Now I understand your situation a lot better. You probably know there are many recorded stems from hit songs being released these days. They are great for mixing and trying things out on, you can even try to match the finished mix. Keep a steady hand and open ears. Thanks again for the reply.

12. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

Question, I have songs that are mixed already that can use mastering. DO you want all the audio stems pre or post effects? Most of my instruments have nothing more then a parametric eq, mostly cutting unwanted frequencies with an occasional stereo widening effect. Yet my vocals I route like crazy and they usually have eqs, saturators, compressors, tap delays etc...

13. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

Ahhh finally --- good to see you, same here :wink:

14. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

whats the catch ? nothing is free anymore.

15. GodHimSelf

Glad I made myself clear. The thing is, I'd rather do something useful to someone, rather than just mixing it "for the kicks". But I did know that. PM if you're interested!

16. oa.

oa. Ultrasonic

I been thinking about this idea last 2-3 month. Still i do not have time for it. But i'll do it too.

Good idea.

17. GodHimSelf

Every once in a while, a good Samaritan comes by. I win from the experience of mixing a new track. If you like it, mention me here or something like that. It's supposed to be educational.

18. GodHimSelf

We could create some sort of educational project for that purpose in Audiosex.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. GodHimSelf

In an ideal world, you would send me everything dry. But there are choices you made that will affect the outcome of the mix. It depends on a lot of stuff. I may not agree with the processing path, but there are some options that are producer-preferences: those leave as you want. "Cleaning eq" should come as you want it.

The problem is that (ex:) the reverb you used may not sound like I think it should, but you may want it sound that way, you'll have to be the judge of that.

Send it in way where mixing and mastering won't change the track significantly, that's the way it should work (for me).

Remember to send a reference track in high quality format as per rules.

20. GodHimSelf

I used to read music material between surgeries. I still remember reading Bob Katz's mastering book during those periods when the movement was slow.