Free K5 Summer Piano - Please Test Sustain

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by bigcat1969, Aug 11, 2014.

1. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Thanks for the previous testing. I've now made a try at sustain. I don't have a sustain pedal so help from folks who do have sustain pedals is much appreciated.
    I've used the Kontakt pedal script, added some convolution reverb attached to the sustain pedal, made the envelope release longer on the sustain samples and had the release samples not sound with sustain on. I also made the release samples for the normal notes a bit softer. I have no idea if it sounds right or not, but I think you will know the sustain pedal is on!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ryd7cbqriei4p6/Summer_Piano.nki

Creative Commons License.
    Samples - OLPC samples, release samples - Alexander HolmFeel

http://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/poor-butterfly-medley-summer-piano

3. Levitate

Levitate Producer

It's a lil bit GM Sounding but not too bad,it's usable,got it sounding pretty with reverb and a lil eq on it,sustain pedal wasn't doing enough for me.

The keys are a lil dull on the higher keys and it woulda been nice to have another octave higher on the high keys.

Oh just read,you haven't done those high keys yet.

It may be quite nice when you do the staccato,sustain,and the higher keys.

But I have different tastes in sounds than some.Someone else may have completely different impression than me.
    I'd say go for it.But that's just my opinion

[​IMG]

4. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Thanks Levitate. I agree with your assessment on the upper keys. That's why I started getting a bit frustrated. I'll try to get those last upper keys out in the next day or two. There was so much noise on some of them that I did noise reduction and dropped a few of the softer velocity layers. That might have something to do with the sound being duller?
    Now I'll have to see if I remember how to trigger groups using the sustain pedal. Haven't done that for a while.

5. Levitate

Levitate Producer

No problem.

Best of luck!

6. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

bump for added sustain level.