Free Ensoniq ESQ-1 Sample Library for Kontakt and Reason

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Zeus, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

[​IMG]

Neil Paddock of How To Program Drums has released ESQ-1 Re-Boot, a free collection of Ensoniq ESQ-1 hybrid synthesizer samples.

ESQ-1 Re-Boot features 40 original instrument patches from the legendary Ensoniq ESQ-1 hardware synthesizer, known as one the finest hybrid synthesizers (with analog filters and digital oscillators). The library contains 497 samples in total, sampled across six octaves for each of the included instrument patches.

These are the voices that are included:
    REF VOICE TYPE
    1 +KOTO2 String
    2 2 COOL Synth
    3 3TRUMS Brass
    4 4XFADE Synth
    5 ANABRS Brass
    6 BL PNO Piano
    7 BOTTLS Synth
    8 BRASTR Brass
    9 CLAV 1 Piano
    10 DIGPNO Piano
    11 ECHO1 Piano
    12 HARP2 String
    13 HEVBRS Brass
    14 HI-RES Synth
    15 ICYORG Organ
    16 ISLAND Perc
    17 K+SIMS Drum
    18 KALMBA Perc
    19 KICK Drum
    20 KLUNKS Synth
    21 MINI M Synth
    22 MIXED Voice
    23 MOODS Synth
    24 MRIMBA Perc
    25 NOISTR String
    26 ORGAN1 Organ
    27 PIANO1 Piano
    28 PIANO2 Piano
    29 PLKBRS Brass
    30 PLKMTL Synth
    31 SAX 1 Brass
    32 SHAKER Perc
    33 SINPAD Synth
    34 SLDRUM Drum
    35 SLOSTR String
    36 SNAPS1 Perc
    37 SYNBAZ Bass
    38 TRIBEL Bell
    39 VELBAS Bass
    40 WAVBEL Bell

Download KONTAKT here

Download REFILL here

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Nice share. Thanks a lot. :grooves:

4. Many a moon ago (1987 or so)I was shopping for a synth and had the money (about 1200 dollars) in my hand ready to pass it over for a DX7. Just moments before the exchange, some guy that was just hanging out in the keyboards department (Sam Ash on Queens Blvd, NYC) said to me, "You don't want to buy that, get the ESQ-1. It has a sequencer and you will be much happier with it in the long run". I hesitated on the DX7 because he seemed 100% sincere and also was very emotional about it, his eyes swelling large as he expressed what seemed to be his wish if he only had the cash to pick up one himself. I bought the ESQ-1. When I exited the east coast for California I left it in my shortly after ex-girlfriend's loft in her art studio in rural Pennsylvania where for all I know it still remains, or not.

5. Dupree

Dupree Member

Dope...Thank you for sharing

6. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

That and the SQ80 were one of the first synths I ever owned. TREMENDOUS sequencer for the time, got killed by the onboard fx of the cork m1 and d-50 etc, but a tremendous instrument… Mine was stolen, and look into getting one once in awhile for sentimentality sake, but seems they are spiking in value due to the perceived value of the curtis chip filters… (which were fine…)…. so not going to overpay for it… but thanks for this, you rock!

7. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Nice, I just got a D-50 for 0$ and I'm digging a bit into the sound of synths from those days. Appreciated stuff zeus, downloading. :wink:
    A couple of really nice patches in the demo vid, never put my hand on the OG though.