Free DAW which can load vsti presets via Shortcut?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Omnislash7777, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Omnislash7777

Omnislash7777 Noisemaker

Hello,

Even though Studio One 6 supports macros and plenty of Shortcuts, I haven't found a method to load a specific VSTi preset via shortcut.
    There is an option called "Load preset" which opens the Windows Explorer where you need to type in the target preset.
    That's not a good option for me since I want to use AHK's ControlSend to change the preset in the background.
    It's possible to ControlSend Alt+PageDown/PageUp to Studio One, but that's even worse...

I would like to load specific Omnisphere presets, but also other VSTis.
    Maybe there are other DAWs?
    Even if they are not free, you can name them as well - I'll check.

P.S: Great solution would be JavaScript for Studio One 6, but there is no official documentation.

Thanks for any help and best regards

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

i would use Bluecat Audio's Patchwork Synth. You can load multiple instances of the synth inside it. Then you could use Latch Automation to turn one synth plugin off, and the next one on. Easily. With the different presets already loaded into those instances. That's if normal program control changes are not available.

I saw recently a plugin that mentioned you can automate the "next preset" button, but I forget which. It may have been U-He Zebralette.

Most of the time, when people have pre-determined a solution like "i want to use this one program" it's usually dead in the water, because it's usually something that program won't do. It's normally why they are asking in the first place. If AHK's "ControlSend" is the only solution acceptable, ask the developer.

4. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

Easy done with REAPER

5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Doesn't Bluecat Patchwork support presets with any combination of plugins loaded?
    If all fails (i.e. no shortcut for preset switching), you could still hit up/down buttons using AHK's mouse control.
    This wouldn't change the preset in the background though.

6. Omnislash7777

Omnislash7777 Noisemaker

Thanks for your support, guys :wink:

@def12:
    I installed Reaper but didn't find a shortcut for loading presets.
    I guess it must be done with a LUA script?
    Or Reaper macro?

Would be cool if you could supply an example.

Cheers!

7. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

I hope that I understood your inital request correctly:

- First install SWS Extensions
    - Open your VSTi with the preset you want to load
    - Save it as a "Track Template" (Right click on the track - "Save track as track template")
    - Go to "Extensions" - "Resources" and choose "Track Templates" on the top
    - Fill the slots with your track templates
    - Go to "Actions" - "Actions List" and search for "SWS/S&M Resources - Import tracks from track template, slot x" and add a shortcut

This way you can load the VSTi with the assigned presets via shortcut. hope this is what your looking for - if not I would recommend to ask in the REAPER forum - There's usually always a way to get things working in Reaper.

8. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Producer

REAPER FX chains. Done.