Free CMD DV-1 Bridge Software for y'all

Discussion in 'Software' started by systemexklusiv, May 5, 2016.

1. systemexklusiv

systemexklusiv Newbie

Hi!

Since in Germany the music stores dropped the price of the Behringer DJ-Contoller CMD DV-1 I decided to get some of these because I liked how they are build. After unboxing I noticed that they are difficult to use with common DAW-Software as they handle midi communication rather unexpected (et least for my ecxpectations).

Thats why I decided to write a bridgesoftware to to use up to 10 devices wogether with Ableton Live. It should work with other Softwares too.

I also pimped the encoder speed to make it more usefull in performances.

I put it on my rather oldschool blog here

https://systemexklusiv.wordpress.com/

there is a link to get a ZIP with aPDF and JAR.

Its written in pure JAVA so it should run (at least in theory) anywhere ! I tested it just on PCs.

Hope it works for you!

David

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  3. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

what do you mean by "... they handle midi communication rather unexpected" ?

4. suefreeman

suefreeman Producer

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

That's why BCR2000 and BCF2000 still rule IMO: you can seamlessly connect a couple of them through real MIDI as they have MIDI I/O/Thru. I love these! :wink: Having said that, all Behringer MIDI controllers are really great and have great price/performance ratio! :wink:

A note to self: you have to many MIDI controllers! :mad: Then again all of them get used... :winker: