FREE: Cakewalk CA-2A...nice!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by superliquidsunshine, Oct 22, 2016.

Tags:
  2. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Damn site requires Java to download....
    I had to install firefox java and disable my hosts file to get this...What a PITA. Caveat for keeping a bulletproof setup I guess

I use a neat free utility called hostman for windows that lets you disable/enable your hosts file on the fly. Handy if you have a lot of sites blocked

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

This plug-in is great for leveling vocals; it also tames sibilance pretty well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

protip: cakewalk site will let you use a disposable email address, and any info you want to put in

quote from the other side... I will attribute if permission is granted...

here...

1. open plug gui in daw, click triangle
    2. click offline activation, export auth request, save to a folder of your choice
    3. open the account created on cakewalk site, upload the saved request
    4. save the generated auth dat file
    5. click plug triangle, offline activation, import auth from saved location

you free plug is now authorized !

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2016
  5. plowhorse

plowhorse Ultrasonic

Thx for that tip. I have a youge hosts file, and this will save me the occasional open/search/REM/save process.

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

No problem, it is a great utility for host file management.

7. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

like I mentioned in the other thread legit modern cakewalk products like to timebomb when they don't have their online umbilical cord. for example, my free legit z3ta+2 (I bought so much they gave me free) occasionally says to validate again... you do the math

the other fellow kindly informed me that I can easily install it offline
    umm, yes. I know that. I've been buying their stuff since sonar 7.im well versed in all of their quirks. I bought ca2a when it was paid. take extra steps, then some more extra steps to curtail their snooping too

8. Sorry for any headaches involved in installing this compressor. I was under the impression that it was a no stress situation and that it would be just a piece of Cake, a walk and not a run.

If you do choose to and are able to install this, it is a mighty fine little bit of kit, and as Stevich mentioned, has a tendency to soften out sibilance. In lieu of the real LA-2A this one helps.me fantacize to having the real thing. I wish to get the newish Warm Audio WA-2A to complete my vocal chain. Hey Brother, can you spare a dime?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2016