FREE 'Aligner' (on-the-fly phase correction) plugin from NUGEN AUDIO just released!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cardamom, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Cardamom

Cardamom Platinum Record

If you're in need of a good phase alignment program from a great plugin maker, NUGEN just released ALIGNER. You just need to fill out a questionnaire and then a licence is provided for you.

More on the plugin from this guy:

NUGEN: Link to the questionnaire.
    https://nugenaudio.com/annual-survey-2022/

Let everyone know what y'all think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. mrichi

mrichi Producer

survey plus iLok...Thanks but, NO!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. clone

clone Audiosexual

I installed it without doing anything related to ilok. js. thanks @Cardamom for posting. might be helpful in a pinch :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  5. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably check it.. :)

Does anyone know of a good alignment tool with graphical (osc?) feedback. Like proto is using it in this video @ 8:50

Obviously this Oszillos Mega Scope looks great, but I only do rough mixes and leave the pro part to pros..;) So in that regard it's somewhat pricey - I don't think there is "unlimited trial" floating anywhere around, but have to check

6. Chaindog

Chaindog Producer

Maybe try "Blue Cat's Oscilloscope Multi", should do the same job, and it´s 49,- € (or $).

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_OscilloscopeMulti/

7. mrichi

mrichi Producer

Thanks!

Decided to give it a fair shake. Still a somewhat convoluted process to do the survey, register an account, activate account, download & install to offline computer & do offline registration.

All this for a junk plugin. They should have just thrown out this buggy p.o.s. if they were done trying to figure out how to make it work correctly.

The free JSFX plugin from Geraint Luff actually works.

For a non-free plugin, the Pi from Sound Radix works as expected with no additional tweaking required 95% of the time for most standard material. Have used it across all tracks in live room recordings with excellent results.

Nugen...If you read this, do the following:
    March yourselves out to the woodshed & commence with briskly beating of the buttocks until all sense & reasoning has been restored.
    The end!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  8. Genoveva Bernhard

Genoveva Bernhard Producer

I make ambient music. When I check my levels on Mastering The Mix Expose, they tell me my LUF's, dynamics and stereo balance are fine but my phase alignment needs work. I've used Waves InPhase, Sound Radix PI, the Phase tool in Izotope RX9, and a few others to remedy my situation. None helped. In the end, it was all snake oil anyway because I acquired similar-sounding tracks from other ambient artists and Expose returned the same numbers. In other words, I'm doing ok.