Frankie Remix

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by abletondummy, Nov 20, 2011.

1. abletondummy

abletondummy Newbie

Ok, so lots of multi-tracks got posted recently, including one of my fave tracks of all time Relax Frankie Goes To Hollywood...

I thought I'd have a go at re-mixing.

For the first attempt, I threw away everything but the vocals ... and did typical 8 minute dj mix.... and it sounded SHITE!

So went back to drawing board, kept the exact structure of the song...
    Replaced and re-programmed drums, percussion, synths, pads and strings.
    T-pain'd the vocals.
    And I'm quite pleased with the result.

http://soundcloud.com/dj-shagster/fgth

3. Djroven

Djroven Newbie

Ha AWESOME! you should make it a download when it's finished!

4. LongDongSilver

LongDongSilver Banned

OK, so like somebody else posted on Soundcloud it's only "slightly different" from the original.... if it wasn't for the AutoTuned vox it would have been even more pointless. Actually, I tried to "like" it but the vox got on my friggin' nerves after a while with such a diabolical use of AutoTune.

So personally I think it's about 2/10 for effort, sorry. At least you're happy with the result anyway :wow:

Incidentally, Trevor Horn refuses anyone publishing clearance to even do a cover version of "Relax". He's such a fucking cunt. I got this info directly from the publisher when I tried myself last year.

5. abletondummy

abletondummy Newbie

Ok... I see your point, but like i said, anyone these days can make crap dance music and it would have been easy to put the hollie johnson vocal over a wobble bass for approx 8 minutes whilst building up and from a couple of breakdowns... For me, this was simply an exercise of trying to reproduce some classic sounds using the vst instruments at my disposal.
    Having the multi-track stems to hand proved useful reference points because the individual nuances of each instrument would have been difficult to pick out by listening to the original mix.