Fragments in sci-fi and space horror

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by jennyblack, Sep 28, 2024.

1. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I'll have to check out some of the electronic stuff you recommend. I'm very familiar with Wendy Carlos because of Tron (one of my fave movies), but I've never gone beyond that for her music, which is embarrassing to say! haha But that sort of thing is definitely in my wheelhouse. I've listened to most of the stuff you've mentioned, but I am unfamiliar with Delia Derbyshire... so will check that out.

I'll recommend one back... if you haven't listened to them Disasterpiece.. they did the soundtrack for a fave game of mine (Hyper Light Drifter).. lots of abstract stuff on that soundtrack and he has some good stuff outside of that too. And I hesitate to recommend these because most people who have listened to the electronic artists you mention have listened to them too, but just in case... Boards of Canada, Lorn and Aphex Twin all have some great songs in their library.

Edit: Oh ok, so Delia Derbyshire is the artist behind the Dr Who theme.. I never really watched the show, but I did like the theme. I never realized who created it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  2. vladimir guerrero

vladimir guerrero Producer

yeah i already see a lot of range you have here... currently listening to Girls Against Fascism

3. vladimir guerrero

vladimir guerrero Producer

you're in for a treat with Wendy's wider catalogue and Delia Derbyshire's work. they are our grandmas.

4. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I'm pretty excited to check them both out.. will probably listen to them tomorrow during work. :)