Four new tracks this month

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Lenny Belardo II, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Marseilles

Marseilles Member

2. Marseilles

Marseilles Member

It's not easy to comment on artwork. That's because you're commenting on all the thoughts, beliefs, mental pictures, assumptions, expectations, convictions and idealistic views of the artist. And for any artist, these things can be different with varying degrees of dissimilarity.

If the matter is other than art, it won't be hard to comment. Because non-artistic cases are mostly objective and their results are palpable.

As for art, there is no strong means of sensing and understanding. Only some comparisons and also a series of recommendations can be made.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Well I stand corrected !

I do not know why that's good.

4. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

Whether that is true or not, nobody can find something truly original unless they try. There is a huge difference between being influenced by several artists and straight out mimicking or cloning them. The latter is no path to originality.

5. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

I enjoyed them and think you should be commended for your creative efforts. I think they are fine pieces of work, yes vocals as well.

A short story: When I was back in high school my choir teacher after a while of working with me told me that, I would never be able to sing so, Just move your mouth and let no sound come out.

Today, 50 years later I sing professionally several nights a week. I can work people into a frenzy, or make them cry with my voice.

EMOTION is the main thing with vocals, more important than pitch, register or range. Keep feeling your lyrics and let them shine.

If you are looking to improve your vocals, I would suggest selecting several commercially released songs that connect with you deeply.
    Then locate the karaoke tracks and practice every so often (In front of people if possible to feel the connection.) This will increase your vocal ability and confidence using popular, proven great songs. Work on emotional delivery and incorporate that in your own work. It works for me!

Keep going strong and don't let anyone bring you down.

6. I waited until I was 62 to dare use that weapon known as a microphone on myself. I have recorded hundreds of singers and I can hear a singer who is 10cents sharp. I have been a harsh engineer and producer and I knew that if the day came when I dared sing I would be held to the same standards. But the day came when I had no choice for I was singing for a sick friend. He cannot play his guitar any more, nor can he speak. But he puts his thoughts into lyrics as he records his decline. I think of these songs from our collective perspective given our similar views on life as "Hymns To A Non Existent God" It's a concept album, just a really miserable one.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I'm a God to a non existent hymn...hmmmn.

8. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

I can see you are on a mission.
    I hope your endeavors bring some comfort and resolve for your friend. We are in similar situations. I am taking care two musician friends that I have worked with for decades, neither of them want to hardly create anything anymore. It is frustrating. Still we go on.

Thanks for your heartfelt response. Please go forward knowing that you are doing worthy work and some people really do care.
    Thanks for posting your songs. We appreciate them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Father Lois, you have prayed long and hard. I could feel it. I'm sore this morning I can tell you that. But here's your hymn.

10. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Not excomm'd.
    Just said I can't initiate Kalachakra via Inbox...