Found this site with celebrity studio gear listed...!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kanishk161, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Kanishk161

Kanishk161 Noisemaker

dont know if this is already discovered but seems cool....

http://equipboard.com/

has the equipments listed that the djs and producers use in their studios.... :D

3. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Yep, but its only useful if you want to know what version of nexus Avicii is using :)

generic EDM stuff has found no love in here so no one really cares who uses what.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  4. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Ahh yes, I found that site several years ago, but none of those celebrities were interested in my set up so I wasn't interested in theirs. Only fair, innit.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

That site is about as accurate as me shooting a 500yd target with a pistol while recieving a blowjob.

6. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

7. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Steve Faoki in 3 - 2 -1 ...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Very innacurate description of the current http://equipboard.com/. Maybe that description, opinion, thoughts or a combination of all is derived from the first few months of the site opening. And even then, it still was more valuable than finding "what version of nexus Avicii is using"!

Anyway, currently equipboard.com has equipment listing for a lot of famous, not so famous and newcomer musicians across many genres of music. From Jack White to Trent Reznor, from Dave Grohl to Robert Trujillo; there's a bit of info and equipment insight on what these guys use, covering way more than just (the current favorite genre bashing) EDM. The site is broken down by musician types (Bassists, Drummers, Keyboardists, etc...) DJs and Music Producers. Just click on the ones you are interested on.

For those who are curious or have always followed a particular musician or just for little bit of knowledge, equipboard currently does serve its purpose.

9. Kanishk161

Kanishk161 Noisemaker

@Sylenth.Will.Fall lol fair enough .... @Moogerfooger hahaa good one.
    the site is pretty good though if you want some insight on some of the things producers use, like watching a studio session of nicky romero i saw a pair of genelecs on his desk and realised they were definetely not his only monitors and i could not see any others and wanted to know what other monitors he used. i went onto the site and they listed custom mischa jacobi speakers fit into the wall. looking back at the video i spotted them, so i believe its fairly accurate and could be of help for a newbie who's looking into the gears producers use just out of curiosity or for pure knowledge :D

10. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

thank you.
    always nice to see the techniques & gears of others.
    :bow:

11. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Lets face it, most of the well known producers can make better music with my shitty setup than i ever could. So looking at their setups for inspiration is a waste of time. Its not spending time looking at rich guys setups that will help anyone, its learning how to use what you already own that will make you better at your job.

Knowledge will beat gear 95% of the time.

12. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

The point is that I wasn't describing EquipBoard. I was referring to it having no point to audio pros cuz many people don't like to know about what others are using. they like to do it their own way.
    You can see it's clearly targeted toward amateurs and teens mainly in EDM, who like to mimic the sound of their favorite Big Room producer by using the same stuff he uses.

That was actually A joke :)

And you should know EB works like a wiki. almost all the infos is written by the community when for example they see X guy is using Y gear in their live show/stream. so like someone else said:

13. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

Must be nice.

14. Kanishk161

Kanishk161 Noisemaker

for me its more about curiosity since at present i dont own any gear as such(making music with a laptop and a mouse sadly), but occasionally i like pleasing myself by looking and reading about stuff that i would and would not buy in the not so distant future.. lol :D

15. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

I agree to disagree on on this. As I've pointed, Equipboard grew to include musicians across EVERY GENRE of music beyond EDM. So, the whole EDM dig doesn't have weight anymore at this point.

Pointing out that it is like Wikipedia is kinda trying to take its credit away just as when somebody says "oh, but you found it on Wikipedia" as if ALL the info on Wikipedia are wrong! A lot of info on Wikipedia are facts! So is the same for Equipboard. Some info maybe off but for the most they are factual findings on what these musicians are using.
    Honestly if when Equipboard started it had info on musicians and added electronic producers after or never added electronic producers, we'd not even have this debate at all. An amateur today is Pro tomorrow if he/she works hard at it. So, I don't knock on no one for looking about info on gears from people they like. Producers look for those infos for generation before the internet even exist.

As a producer myself I flat out disagree that other producers are NOT interested in knowing what other people are using, that is simply the opposite... Always been! Even today as a proven veteran producer, Timbaland would be curious as to what Noah '40' Shebib or Zaytoven are using and vice-versa. It is in the DNA of all of us, Pro or just outright amateurs. In causal conversation in networking gathering among industry folks, the conversations are always gear info heavy. It's just in us to chit chat and have insight on gears being used even when we may never actually go and buy what the other guy has. And quite frankly most of the time we may not go buy it cause the other guy's gear is too expensive for us to afford. But we can always admire it LOL!

So, like I said, I respect your opinion but I'll agree to disagree; Equipboard serve its purpose (even if its just today's amateurs accessing the site).

One!

16. farao

farao Rock Star

Awesome site, thank you for posting it. Most negative comments about it here are just stupid or negative for the sake of being negative.

17. Kanishk161

Kanishk161 Noisemaker

@farao haha thanks :D different opinions i guess