Forget the music just for a minute and enjoy the sounds!

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Jan 30, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

There would be many but I know just one alien here and it's @Aliens speaking English. Could you as an alien please translate these sounds into a form that a human can understand them too? Do you have these kinds of musics (or sounds) on your planet? BTW, how many planets do you have?

Mr. @Avenel , @Kloud , @Pinkman , @G String , and also others what's your opinion about these mixes? Are you OK with them? Of course, they're not mine! Would you prefer to use these kinds of sounds in your musics to the clean sounds of instruments? When they're accompanied by images, there would be a meaning but do you enjoy them alone and also categorize them as a musical genre?

1- https://clyp.it/lbhwiivh

2- https://clyp.it/osib4hhu

3- https://clyp.it/0sqdmtvp

One of the problems of describing these sounds as music is that they require a new vocabulary to convey their meanings and impacts. Does such vocabulary exist now?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

creating music is a way of expressing emotions without moving your lips.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Alot of people use music as therapy. a outlet or a way to deal with our emotions. To resolve issues in our lives from the past or the present.

Music do not have to be stuffed into a "box model" of someone elses viewpoint to make it "valid" to you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Foster u make me laff so much lol which is all music about :yes:

They need absolutely no vocabulary whatsoever as those sounds speak for themselves.
    Your asking about Mixing :rofl:
    Lol I don't know much about mixing but those passages need no mixing.
    Release an album!!! I'd buy it lol. If u need guitar, i'll happily do some lol.
    No 2 Is brilliance in it's purest form :bow:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

My music gives the voices in my head a chance to sing, harmonize and beatbox Bobby McFerrin style, LoL

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

@subGENRE haha good times for sure man! look what you made me revisit

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Kloud

Kloud Guest

I tried beatboxin and just gobbed everywhere and people looked worried :sad:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Sounds like the samples Amon Tobin used in the Chaos Theory soundtrack.

Did you randomly find those @foster911 or do you actively listen to Gino Robair?

I miss Robin Williams.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Kloud

Kloud Guest

I really like the sound of that sort of stuff. Don't care if it makes whatever. :dunno:
    I could quite happily listen to that stuff all the time as is something new all the time?
    Neighbors might get worried but is real interesting stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

You just made me realize how good the soundtrack really made that game. The way he could convey the suspense as you were sneaking around. You were completely comsumed by the game and transported to a different place. Whenever you got caught you actually felt a moment of panic and got scared.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. foster911

foster911 Guest

Yes, you're right but unfortunately most artists do not know most of the possibilities with sounds yet and they think they know everything so try to make a track. For this reason, most of their works turn out to be similar to each other after making for years. Expressing emotions is the aim but without having good explorations on the possibilities in this complicated world, we're just making fences around us for restricting ourselves.
    No my friend! I just found them incidentally.
    :bleh:
    Please listen to these sounds. The first one is for the year 1962. I don't know how to make a judgement about the sounds which been done in this way.

1- https://clyp.it/xl4vot1b

2- https://clyp.it/ve2isy1j

3- https://clyp.it/hmcljrj2

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2017
  13. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Don't know Foster. Am not familiar with any of that whatever it is but like I've stated I do quite enjoy listening to some sounds\stuff along those lines. Is something a bit different :yes:
    Not sure in all honesty whether I could listen to a whole album along those lines unless it had maybe some kind of theme or structure to it but that says more about my own conditioning and expectations than it does about the content itself I guess.
    On one hand I really like the fact it has no relevance associated but then again imagine it could or would be even better with an associated story such as in a film soundtrack. Possibly it wouldn't :dunno:
    I don't know whether it's possible to make much constructive judgement about stuff like that as it's say so different to the "norm".
    Sure you can say maybe this should have been a little louder or this part panned or whatever but as normal normal rules don't apply.
    I think with stuff like that dynamics and maybe spatial panning and tempo anomalies etc are going to be a great sort of avenue whereby you might explore different aspects.
    Think you have to be in a certain mood to listen to it but yeah can be good sometimes.
    Don't think you always need to make judgement outside that's cool I like it or I don't :bow:

14. luxxenator

luxxenator Member

Bran(...)Pos_Coin - OpKhepri_SphericalHarmonics

Around 2:20 and on, those intense stereo panned percussion like repeating clicks just took me to some completely other place,

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH, THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!

€dit: I love the stereo field, I love the dynamics, all three of them are so great.
    €dit 2: How can I aqcuire these beauts???

15. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

16. foster911

foster911 Guest

For @Backtired . Please don't fast forward and let it captivate you:
    https://clyp.it/0xls3nlu

Playing with sounds is more interesting than notes, of course when melody seekers, instrumentalists and dancers grant permission.

17. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@foster911 here's a fantastic way to burn 45 mins... I thought you might find it "inspiring"

18. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Hi Foster. The post idea is very cool, as far as talking about sound (timbre/texture) as a musical parameter as worthy of being exploited as the others (melody, harmony, rhythm and dynamics)

I only disagree when the talk turns to things that take the course of proclaiming that the musical exploration of the unusual and the strange is the "big deal", while composing based on role models is equivalent to wearing a straitjacket. This really looks like an avant gard apology, which is a rather outdated musical tendency, especially with the advent of postmodernism (all at the same time, now: various styles from different periods combined).

Of course you can compose focusing in timbre/texture as a parameter to be explored, given all that spectral music composers have produced. But it's just a possibility. No better, no worse, just one more.

What I do not really like about avant-garde ideologies is that they seek to assert themselves by detonating everything that comes before them (what Bourdieu called struggle, conflict among the actors in the field in search of validation).

when the avant-garde advocates start with this chat, I have no patience at all. I'm not saying you're one of them, but I've lived with people who say that avant-garde music should overcome traditional tonal music. In the end, simplifying, they defend the diffusion of musical practices with little cognitive salience (based, sometimes, on almost total absence of musical patterns repetition - texture/timbre, harmony, rhythm/meter, melody that change every 2-5 measures, as in the case of the new complexity, so to speak, music rather irregular) and when the common listener refuses to listen to this type of music, they say that the listener lacks intellectual property for such unique "listening party" (based on a very specialized listening practice).

I believe that people develop attachment to musical genres and styles, since they form schematic and cognitive patterns. The human brain loves to detect and untangle these patterns. A kind of music in which there are no salience based on patterns (no repetition, no reference to recognizable genres and styles, even if hybridized, superposition of several layers generating complex textures or simply a state of flux that refers to music always in constant transformation), for the average listener, is something almost annoying... I say almost because the attachment to these styles comes from cultural experience but it is the blending of genres/styles (including avant gard/experimental), from time to time, that puts the musical reign in movement.

But then, to say that humankind must endorse unusual music as a substitution for common practice (tonal music based on repetition, variation and contrast of genre/style) is pushing too hard: it will not happen ... all the avant-garde schools that tried to do this, ended up failing and/or isolating themselves from the public.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

I really like it, but you should stop posting this stuff on clyp. At least give the name of the author + name of track (if there's any), maybe there's some lurkers interested in knowing the name of this? I don't like that arp that sometimes plays (it gets in around 3:30 then disappears and appears later). Last 2-3 minutes lack a bit and I start losing my attention

Why is it for me though? And what's the name?

20. Aliens

Aliens Guest

To Foster in the first post. ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS - EXCEPT EUROPA. ATTEMPT NO LANDINGS THERE.

1. My new phone ringtone.
    2. A dripping tap my misses tells me I have to fix.
    3. Me gliding until I stub a tentacle.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. DarkLizzard

DarkLizzard Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List