For those having audio/library problems Omnisphere (Windows Only)

Discussion in 'Software' started by vscorpio, Jun 21, 2015.

1. vscorpio

vscorpio Newbie

If you like me are having problem with Omnisphere play no audio at all or having problem accessing soundsource library / waveform, try this (it works for me): insert a link to the steam folder into your "c:/ProgramData/spectrasonics" folder (please note that "ProgramData" is a hidden directory and that c: ref to your windows system directory drive).
    I already had this issue with Omni 1 but installing Omni 2 the link (which I did manually) was of course not update: by updating to the proper steam folder all problem disappeared and now everything works great!
    Hope it can be helpfull...
    :)

3. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

u can install the Steam folder wherever u like. Put it External it so desired.

Program data was old default location & u only need to mess with shortcuts should u move the steam folder etc as they automatically generated on install.

I get what u mean tho

4. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

As explained by the topic author, also I assume C: is the system disk.

Shortcut exactly named STEAM, located in C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics, is required only if STEAM folder was installed (or manually moved) elsewhere (e.g. to another disk and/or another folder). This shortcut, in this case, must point to new location. Because the full path to STEAM folder isn't declared in Registry.

When the STEAM folder is located in default C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics, this shortcut is useless.

5. Clandestine

6. torontoleech

torontoleech Noisemaker

I have followed the instructions posted here and in the release precisely, and checked the filesizes on all of my .iso's before installation, so I am almost certain I have downloaded all of the correct parts.
    I finally everything installed correctly, and authorized omnisphere 2, but i cannot hear any audio from any sounds!! I see lights go on in omnisphere when i press the midi, but no audio! omnisphere previews dont seem to be working either.

Using Windows 8 , Ableton, 16Bg RAM , i7 processor.
    My F: drive is an internal 1TB HDD connected to a SATA port.
    Ive installed the program data for all of my other VSTs in Local Disc C: , but since this had 60gig of content i set the steam folder to my open internal F: drive.

I have STEAM folder installed to Drive F: & Local Disk C: has my omnisphere .dll's in the VST folder , i followed the instructions exactly.

I checked in the C: ProgramData folder and i have the exact Shortcut called "STEAM" to my F: Steam folder, yet i still am unable to hear any sounds! Any idea why omnisphere isnt playing any audio?

I have STEAM folder installed to Drive F: & Local Disk C: has my omnisphere .dll's in the VST folder , i followed the instructions exactly.

Would really appreciate any suggestions or support!! Please help! :dunno:

:break: :mates:

7. MozartEstLa

As ton of users here (one more again) you don't specify your Windows version, used DAW, incomplete (or missing) explanations, etc... and you want help, seriously?

Guy you mention F: drive to host the STEAM folder, but what's F: drive? internal HDD? external HDD? (if external: SATA/e-SATA? USB3? USB2? FireWire?) I hope you don't use USB2 as F:, otherwise (excuse-me in advance) :rofl: => select patch from browser (or better, select Multi), prepare coffee, drink coffee, drink another coffee, go to supermarket...

I've tried (one more time this morning) to install Omnisphere 2 (on fresh Windows 7), using F:\STEAM instead of default (I precise F: is an internal SATA 5400RPM 2TB HDD) => working fine from my three DAWs (see my signature)

8. torontoleech

torontoleech Noisemaker

As ton of users here (one more again) you don't specify your Windows version, used DAW, incomplete (or missing) explanations, etc... and you want help, seriously?

I sincerely apologize for using your time if i may not have given the neccesary info. I have updated to include this :)
    Using Windows 8 , Ableton, 16Bg RAM , i7 processor.
    My F: drive is an internal 1TB HDD connected to a SATA port.
    Ive installed the program data for all of my other VSTs in Local Disc C: , but since this had 60gig of content i set the steam folder to my open internal F: drive.

:mates:

9. MozartEstLa

Okay about hardware config, I have some questions (or tests suggestions) in order to help you if I can: (apologize in advance for my English faults, I'm French)

1/ You mention "lights" when you play on your MIDI controller. Which lights are on/blinking when your're playing? The VU-meter at the top-right of O2 GUI?
    2/ When you load Patch or Multi, is the indicator (red/yellow/green) located at the top of Patch browser (top left of GUI) is turned green (Complete) during some seconds?
    3/ Have you some error message during loading?
    4/ Have you refresh both Patch Browser and Multi Browser after Omnisphere 2 installation (or any addon such Trilian, Bob Moog etc)?
    5/ For now, is another VSTi are working in you Ableton Live? (maybe an audio routing problem from DAW)

I'm waiting for your reply (I'll stay on this page and I'll refresh it often).

10. torontoleech

torontoleech Noisemaker

Thanks so much for your prompt response, i really do appreciate it alot!! :wink: :mates:
    The light are turning on the omnisphere GUI, so i know it is reading the midi, just unable to produce any audio. When i load every patch, it loads its preview in the top left corner and says complete, but still i cannot hear the preview, as no sound at all is coming from Omni2. Im not getting many error messages, other than to please use certain patches in Lite Mode to save CPU, which is pretty strange considering there is no actual audio... :dunno:
    I have refreshed the Patch Browser, and restarted both omnisphere & Ableton a couple times, and rebooted my entire PC, but nothing seems to help.
    All my other VST's are working normally. I use many big plugins without issue every day, so it is likely not an audio routing issue.

Any more guidance would be hugely appreciated! :bow:

11. MozartEstLa

The patch (or multi) is correctly loaded (Complete on green background).

Is the VU-meter (at the top right of O2 GUI) is blinking when you're playing on your MIDI controller? Also verify the O2 Master fader (near VU-meter) it must be near to right position (left = no sound). Contacting you by PM.

IMO the problem comes from an audio routing (or config) from your Ableton Live. It's not possible. Check your outputs from Preferences. Also be careful, Omnisphere 2 have multichannel capabilities (8 stereo audio channels, or 16 as mono).

12. copylefter

copylefter Producer

It's not that you loaded it as multiout instrument?
    On Mac you can load the AU as stereo or multiout(16) instrument.
    On some DAWs it even show up as 2 different instruments in plugin list.
    Just wondering, I'm on Mac and can't help you much. ;)

13. MozartEstLa

I agree copylefter I'm nearly sure he've a problem like this! I've wrote 8 (previous reply) but as stereo pairs, I'm a douche :rofl: now edited. Btw you're right for 16 if you're assuming all are mono channels.

14. torontoleech

torontoleech Noisemaker

When i said the omni2 GUI is lighting up for the midi, i meant the oscillator lights, but i have nothing blinking in my top right corner where i presume the VU meter is supposed to be. just a black bar above the master volume slider, and on the multi browser nothing lights up in the top right corner either.

Also , i do have an error now with reading some patches. I just scrolled through alot more of the patches and a couple of them gave an error :
    "Cannot load soundsource. File may be Missing or Corrupted. Try Refreshing the Soundsource browser".

I verified the MD5's and byte sizes exactly of the .iso's in 7zip program, so i am certain i have the correct download parts!

pretty lost :dunno:

15. MozartEstLa

- Have you installed Step 2 - Data Updater? if you have Trilian on system, install also Step 3 - For Trilian Users
    - Refresh both (full) Patch Browser AND Multi Browser (from plugin).
    - Problem with shortcut, or missing files in F: (what's the folder EXACTLY on F:)
    - If it don't work: reinstall O2 over existing, then don't forget to use "Step 2" to update some O2 data files! From DAW, refresh browsers (from O2 plugin)!

16. torontoleech

torontoleech Noisemaker

Thanks, I recieved your private message, and i posted back here as well so everyone can see, maybe they can offer advice as well :)

I have replaced the shortcut many times already, it is just not helping! No audio whatsoever from omnispjhere! :dunno:

The EXACT file destination of Steam folder is "Data (F:)>Omnisphere >CONTENT>STEAM "

Omnisphere is simply not reading the sounds. it says the patch previews are succesfully loaded in top left but i cant play them or hear anything. ive refreshed both the patch browser and multi windows and that has not helped. .. there is no volume coming out of omnisphere period, it is only reading midi

17. MozartEstLa

Have you installed "Step 2" (after Omnisphere 2 installation)?
    Have you installed Trilian? another Omnisphere addon?

18. torontoleech

torontoleech Noisemaker

Yes when i click on "STEAM" shortcut i see the subfolder "Omnisphere"
    No Trillian or Bob Moog libraries installed. No interest in those for now...

do i need them for it to work?

19. torontoleech

torontoleech Noisemaker

of course. i followed the instructions precisely.

And i cant imagine what a re-install would do for me. i would do the exact same process so this would likely happen again

20. MozartEstLa

Some error messages (in particular for some Multis) like missing SoundSources files, it's normal if Trilian isn't installed (some Omnisphere/Omnisphere 2 patches/multis use some Trilian "SoundSource" files).

Screen capture will be appreciated (by uploading pic to picture provider, then providing links in messages)

Stopping here, only PM because we "saturate" this topic (like spams). Sorry for the conversation here!

21. Clandestine

Loads of people getting problems with this.

I not on mac so can't help that way.

I installed it on my internal HD worked fine. Then just moved the library, changed the shorcut etc and worked fine first time.

I know the steam folder can be tetchy at times but never known this many people have problems.

Anything to do with folder permissions or u not like get problems with that on mac. As I said I know like -10 below zero about osx and folder structure but was under the impression it very organized etc.

However I have never experience any problems with omnisphere or trillian.

RMX sage folder used to be shitty tho.

Is wierd Hope u manage to get it solved :wink: