For people who want to know how a real EDM sounds

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Integral

Integral Guest

He has done WRONG.
    If you don't understand where he done WRONG so it is your problems.
    I have learned a lot. 1tb of video tutorials I came through/ tons of books etc, and 15-20 masterclasses in the local studio. and with which I happy a lot. I picked up all knowledge that suits my genre field. But post is not about me.
    I,m sure that OP is for sure not 3-year old producer to be satisfied with what he makes to.
    So, the OP done wrong. I suggested him to grow up for whenever aim he wants to. That's all
    Oh yes, AUDIOSEX is Professional Audio Forum by its Default, ok?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
  2. foster911

foster911 Guest

@Integral and @jayxflash I think non-vocal music couldn't get fuller and purposeful as its vocal counterpart. Melodies which being hummed by the human's mouth has more potential in shaping your track. Even with good vocal, your accompanying music loses its importance and delivered to the background.

Suppose the vocal in my previous post from youtube was being replaced by instrumental melodies. It never could be more attractive than the vocal version and its producer couldn't structure the whole track so easily.:dunno:

Vocal covers all the weak points of music and reduces its harmonic heaviness drastically and the producer's job is getting so easier.:dunno:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Integral

Integral Guest

If the instruments arranged like a shit or not mixed as well as they needed to be no one best ever produced vocal would cover horrible multitrack chaos

4. foster911

foster911 Guest

When the vocal comes, the complexity of your track loses its great weight. Suppose in instrumental version you're obliged to work with 10 or 15 different sounds but in the vocal version, their counts reduces and mixing process is getting so easier and the only thing you need to do is following some general guidelines like adding some delays and reverbs and subsequently those horrible mistakes alleviated naturally.:dunno:

Shaping the track structurally in the vocal version is easier too because the most important element is the voice and even simple instrumental sounds and chord progressions would be enough.

5. Integral

Integral Guest

Not the best idea to think that vocal will save your track:speaker: or time. I teach myself to express the everything I need in music, I'm not thinking about what saves time or hide something etc. I believe vocals, especially female, are great spice to your track and very good abiltyi to tell the story of what you try to express with instruments.
    So for each composer there are intimate things he share in the music, your authorization that music carries, and that's cool

6. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Fully agree.

And the same must be true for those "positive" answers. It needs to be a constructive criticism also and they need to be experts in their field as well.

What I meant in my first post is, that you only demand these professional attributes for "negative" answers.

7. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I will not even bother to give you examples from electronic music because for you they all sound the same and you won't hear any difference. But I'll try with these two, apply your theory here:

*hint: the human voice is just another instrument.

8. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Jay don't answer to foster, at this point it's clear he's just another sock puppet

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

I think you didn't get what I'm saying. Please consider this music (musically a powerful one too):

Without the vocal, any instrument sound can not play the role of "guiding the flow of track". Maybe it sounds good without the vocal too but the reason why pure electronic makers aren't able to shape well their tracks structurally is because they just rely on instrument sounds. When you're doing vocal, you can hum the same melody more than 10 times with different words and it's legitimate but in the instrumental version you have to change the melody and harmony many times and it causes track's harmonic structure gets more complicated.

10. foster911

foster911 Guest

This is another one (so powerful):

This guy has been in a pioneering electronic band from the start point as a vocalist. If it was a pure EDM or another non-vocal electronic dance music band, wouldn't be able to make structurally powerful music. I don't say that human's voice sonicly is better than the instruments' sounds , no, but when you do vocal, you can easily form the structure of track and create more aimful music.:dunno:

11. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

i think that is to much credit, he is just an abominably lazy individual.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  12. foster911

foster911 Guest

Dear Mr. psychologist, appreciate a lot for analyzing me.:bow:

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

14. Blorg

Blorg Producer

Understand this simple thing: people say nice things to each other (are you sitting down? this might come as a shock) for no reason other than making someone feel better. If mankind's ways are unknown to you, think of it as maximizing the heard's hedonic total, at a negligible expenditure to self.
    Consequently, the edification bar for compliments is set suitably low -- hedonic payload makes up for the dearth of enlightening content.

Not so with negative comments. These can not be reasonably justified by their hedonic content, of which they are largely devoid. Which is not always a bad thing -- a trip to the dentist is similarly choc full o' dolors, yet we go & pay. The dentist causes pain, which is acceptable to us -- he knows what he's doing, and he said that root canal needed work. You with me?

Now imagine, after hours of torturous oral surgery, learning your dentist isn't a dentist at all! Knows as much about dentistry, turns out, as @Integral does about making a hit, and admits to caring even less.
    "Ahhh! Why, why would you do this to me?!" you yelp through a bloody hole which, but an hour ago, was your mouth.
    A reasonable question.
    [​IMG]
    Because he's a sadist, insane, or both. That's my best guess.

15. BudSpencer

BudSpencer Producer

@Lambchop is that you?? :)

16. Integral

Integral Guest

What a drama.:rofl::hahaha:
    If only i have a contact of a good one psychiatrist I could help you. Are you 12-old kid? My apologises, but youu seems to be sick a liitle. Is it the first time you have suffering from such kind of derealisation? I thought musicians are clever people, so please don,t grieve me. Instead of speaking sh#t here, learn at least 15 tricks from bobby owsinski mixing tricks 101 set if you havent yet and get a calm.
    If that,s wouldn't be ok for you, try to mix on 5 to 1 dolby surround system or even try to detect by ear singular harmonics that showed up randomly from 20 hz to 20khz:beg::wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018
  17. Blorg

Blorg Producer

My name is Mr. Snrub and I come from mmm... some place far away! Yes, that will do.

18. spyfx

spyfx Guest

some thoughts i would like to share :bow: :

A track/song/project/idea is never finished only abandoned & sometimes at the right time.

Perception is everything...you never know under what circumstances an artist/musician/member here made a track & how much time & effort put in it.

In my humble opinion arrangement & emotion comes first,mixng & mastering can be done in a later session,that said if you are sincere about your music & want to release it a proper mixing/mastering session has to be made.

Be thankful & grateful,enjoy making music & life !

to foster follow your bliss always !

Peace.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. electriclash

electriclash Guest

20. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you so much for your attendance. Take care of yourself and have fun.:mates: