For people who want to know how a real EDM sounds

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

I'll be sad too if I dropped my phone. So I think you did the EDM drop correctly @foster911. Well done. Well done.

2. Blorg

Blorg Producer

The implication being that posting mp3s here is a waste of time, something no serious musician would do. A sad revelation for those choosing to share their stuff here, but yeah, I do see. I guess.
    Speaking from experience? You've reached those dizzying heights, or?

3. foster911

foster911 Guest

Man I just kidded with the title. My knowledge is at the height of 10cm that even a 1 year-old child can leap over it.:bleh::mates:

4. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

It is a waste of time when:

5. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

True
    What does it mean when everyone who likes me just says what he/she thinks I want to hear. I won't develop any further.

6. Blorg

Blorg Producer

Because sketching is unimportant, an idea must be laboriously painted through to have value.

7. foster911

foster911 Guest

No it's not. At least I found out how to turn it into a happy version. Without posting the first one I couldn't figure it out so fast.:bleh::mates:

8. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you, I need such verbal and written assurances to continue my way.:bow::mates:

9. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

It is, when you only want to hear the yes-men

And no, I don't think you do see, you do guess only :bleh:

10. foster911

foster911 Guest

In most of times, without a proper or fortunately selected initial plan and sketching, final product wouldn't be the one you want despite the fact you work on it for days.:dunno:

11. Blorg

Blorg Producer

What you need is serious, constructive criticism by experts in the field, along the lines of
    Arguably a false dichotomy, some claim replies other than "I like" & "you suck, study moar" are possible.

12. Integral

Integral Guest

Reread my previous comment.
    I,m here not to teach foster how the music should be sounded good!

13. foster911

foster911 Guest

One day I was a fan of EBM but deliberately broke up. I saw, they're musically ill persons and their craziness levels are higher than mine.:bleh:

14. Integral

Integral Guest

So foster is against any conflicts here and it is ok. I hope he understood for himself some nano-lesson from us

15. Integral

Integral Guest

Speaking from experience. Dizzying heights is relative thing for everyone. I don't need them, but im happy when my creativeness presents it to me. you need Understanding what you want from music creating process and result of it.
    Like in sex
    If you just wanna emotions it is ok, but if you wanna good baby as a result of process, you need not only 5 minute deal but also good DNA-ed partner for your process, partner, that not only would be as an attractive putana with good forms, but well-minded, intelligent, the mother of your kids. And then you need to grow your kid, to shape it etc - it is your product
    And in music - after you made AUDIOSEX PROPERLY- you will get well-done kids - your tracks from which you achieve your preinstalled missile
    So music creating is not a such funny deal as somebody thinks. It is hard work. You understand it only when spend 10-40-1000 hours on your projects to shape it as you want to give it to the world as it should be

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
  16. Midge F

Midge F Platinum Record

I like it a lot. Nice, comfy beeps and not a bad thing being compared to the mighty Orbital. Keep on truckin'.

17. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thank you so much. I know it's miles a way from such thing:

It's the one I think @Integral loves. It's a directed music and my aim was creating a similar thing and not remaining in EDM realm. EDM is good but usually just for dancing not pondering like the above tune so I quit it temporarily.:bow::mates:

18. Blorg

Blorg Producer

You're here to teach him to proof his typings before hitting post. By example.
    Not sure I follow. You're saying Foster should be trying for those heights, but you, yourself, don't need to? An interesting position, that, though might stand a bit of clarification. Why should Foster want to get to the top/listen to your advice re. getting there, when you yourself haven't been there, or even care to visit? :dunno:
    You're assuming Foster wants to become a sex professional, aka a whore?:wow:

19. Integral

Integral Guest

He should be trying if he wants to do it.
    MY VIEW:
    Dizzying heights is an add-on to your music production.
    In music if you want money/popularity ok, but I came in music for understanding myself, and for doing its best I studied for 10 years and keep studying so my art instruments became much flexible
    So if you don't want that foster should studying a bit/a lot no problem, just don't forget to tell him what a great music he has, and tomorrow he creates for 5 minutes even best mp3! But if you are against any suggestions or CRITICS, you are in big ass :chilling::hillbilly:i will not be answering here what freqs should he diminish or should he change a type of compressor on plucks or even trying achieve nice effects using send return. Will you understand that he has so much possibilities he don,t use. This is the point:cool::bash:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
  20. Blorg

Blorg Producer

But you'll tell him he's doing it wrong & teach him how to do it anyway, without even bothering to ask if that's what he wants, or having a clue about getting there yourself? Can't fault that logic.
    In 10 years, what have you learned? (Other than this strange proclivity for telling people what it is that they want & reasonable, albeit untested by yourself, ways of going about it)?