For clips is there an option to "auto-loop long samples" (and keep their original Segment BPM)?

Discussion in 'Live' started by spncart, Oct 16, 2021.

1. spncart

spncart Producer

I have noticed browsing and playing around fast with my sample packs that above a certain length - which seems to be a rule of clips exceeding 20 seconds? 30 seconds? - Ableton TURNS OFF "Loop" in clip view, and when doing so, also doesn't keep the sample's original BPM, resulting in a lack of instant Sync with the current project and a waste of time for me with regards to my workflow and effort to test out these loops very fast in my current composition.

Because in such cases I have to go in the sample's clip view and click back on "Loop" and double click on the Segment BPM to restore the sample's original BPM to sync again with the session, each and every time, repeatedly.

My question is => (1) has this to do with the fact that sample packs companies sometimes have not attributed the right BPM to the samples? For instance, sample should be 120 BPM, but because it has not been properly warped, my Ableton will not warp/loop it properly as it should and (ex: a BPM of 106.5 instead of 120) until I loop/warp it again which will give it back its normal BPM of 120.

And/or (2) has this to do purely with Ableton 10/11 behaviour? Because I have tried to change my settings without success on how Ableton treats long samples so far - my settings:

Long/Warp short samples: Auto (I also tried Warped Loop, with not much impact I think)
    Auto-Warp Long Samples: On (it was on Off before, so I tried with On?)
    Default Warp Mode: Beats (because I play electronic music)
    Create Fades on Clip Edges: Off

Default Launch Mode: Trigger
    Default Launch Quantization: Global

Which settings would you recommend and what's your take on this?

Thanks!