Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 vs Presonus 26c vs Audient ID14 vs Others

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Ahmet Soner Sancak, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Hi all again guys! I increased my limits of budget to buy a new audio interface and now I can buy a RME Babyface Pro. All the people who use this interface are satisfied about latency issues. @Daskeladden @TaxiDriver @Tob @Blue

2. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

I use Presonus Quantum so I cannot confirm, but RME is known for good drivers for Windows. I'm skeptical to USB in general when it comes to audio interfaces that's why I prefer thunderbolt. USB is good for small thing like mouse, keyboard, controllers and so on, but for heavy things like hard disks and audio interfaces my experience is that USB often behave "strange". The reason for this could be that USB is not directly connected to motherboard but goes through a bus, in opposite to PCI and thunderbolt which is direct input to motherboard. I'm not sure how SATA works but it's much more stable, faster and reliable than external hard drive through USB

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

You'll still have latency with a Babyface Pro,don't dream.I had the Babyface first gen,so I don't know the Babyface Pro.But for sure the Babyface Pro is even better.
    All interfaces have latency,so...The Babyface has latency too.The manufacturers provide ultra low latency drivers but your computer can't handle them with big sessions,unless you freeze or bounce or print every track.

Think twice what you'll do in the future,if you're planning to grab hardware synths or hardware FXs,the Babyface Pro hasn't many analog I/O.
    But I believe it has Adat In/Out,so you'll have to buy an extra Adat converter.

If you wish to add external devices to your setup maybe look rather a RME Fireface UC with more I/O.
    If you're sure you'll work with plugins and one mic,yes the Babyface Pro is a very good choice.

And if RME makes USB2 interfaces it's because USB2 is suitable for audio.No problem with that.

4. groove

groove Kapellmeister

For me apollo uad tunderbolt is the best no latency and my choice of preamp with plug...